Rugby player

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Saxon, Oct 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on player of the tournament is?

Personally, my choice is Contepomi for the argies. All the more appropriate for the damage he has done to the froggies tonight.

Opinions?

2. I have to agree, I think Felipe Contepomi was a revelation. Mind you, Brian Habana is another one that deserves a mention.

3. I like Contepomi and also think Hernandez has had a great tournament. Habana is just a speed and points merchant. He gets all the publicity purely because of that. He's not brilliant, just very very fast.

4. Yeah any guy that races cheetahs and just loses can't be a slow coach..... :thumright:

5. The cheetah wasn't even trying :thumright:

6. I'd [email protected] try if i was being chased by that b*gger! :lol:

7. I wish Robinson had his pace....., and could pick off the Boks like Habana will no doubt do to us.....

8. Robinson does have his pace......but only over the first ten metres :thumright:

9. And I though you were going to say 10 years ago...!

10. lol thats a little harsh, for his age, I think Robinson is bloody quick - can still dodge a good tackle too.

11. The problem Robinson has now is that everyone know's about his explosive pace and closes him down very quickly. A team that forgets this get punished.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Nah, non of the nancy boy backs would get my vote, all they do is strut around looking good. A forward would get my vote. Andrew Sheridan, Simon Shaw or Nick Easter have been good.

13. No Chabal blobs?

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No, no Chabal, over hyped, everyone knows his game and just closes him down.

15. Did you see what that argie did to him last night? :mrgreen:

16. Fair point, but his post match performance against England was priceless...

17. Last nights game was a sad reflection of today's soft rugby, the Argentinians illegally slowed the ball down by lying on the wrong side, the French eventually get frustrated and laughably Ibanez get sin binned. I am not supporting the treatment handed out pre the professional era( John Ashworth on JPR) but cheating is growing within Rugby and an allowable good shoeing would keep people honest.

Best player of the tournament Bakkies Botha a complete pain in the ass bully boy, rather on my side than the opposition. Lets hope he goes to far tonight and gets his marching orders.

18. I disagree. The ref was playing advantage to the frogs (a sin bin was coming for constant infringement). The argie was laying prone on the floor and Ibanez deliberately ran straight over him. He could have avioded him. The touch judge clearly stated that to the ref. It was the correct decision to sin bin him. If it had been deemded to be dangerous it would have been a straight red. Oh and it was at least 2m from the ruck. The laws of the game were changed to stop major injuries through getting a shoeing. Ibanez shouldn't have taken the law into his own hands, pure and simple!

19. The law is wrong, the argies consistently infringed and the ref did little about it, bravo Ibanez, the only error was that the rest of the french pack did not give him some shoe pie.
    In the first world cup semi Wales/NZ, Huw Richards of Wales wades into Alan Whetton with both firsts the Nice Mr Shelford takes exception to this and puts Huw to bed, on awakening Huw sees a red card and Wayne Shelford has no action taken against him. That is how rugby should be played and the change is a reflection of today's piss poor society were the offender is protected.