rugby...is it worth it

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nutters, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Hope all are well

I have recently started to get back into playing rugby for my uni. However i join the RN in feb 2010, and im a bit worried about sustaining an injury which will put off jopining the navy.

Do you think it is worth risk or not?

cheers

Nuts

2. Depends on what sort of injury you get. Have you been along to your local AFCO?

3. ive quit for the time being, taking it back up for the RN when I get in

4. but I think a lot depends on what possition you play, playing tighthead i tended to get injured fairly regularly

5. Could get injured tripping over a kerb, if we all thought like that, would sport, especially Rugby be an integral part of Service life that it is. Keep playing mate, just to stay fit if anything.

6. You could get hit by a car tomorrow, you going to stop crossing the road??

Keep playing, if you get injured then deal with it when it happens, besides, it'll keep your fitness up and its far more entertaining than a treadmill!

7. Agree'd :p

Nice bike btw, Zx9r?

8. first 636, bought it from new, still the dog's nuts.

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I gave it up for about 18 months after I joined, just didn't have the time what with nod training and then being a new sprog. Bet you don't think "got a really important game coming up, best not play for a few weeks in case I get hurt before it".

Keep playing, great for your fitness and a good laugh afterwords I'd imagine.

10. hi i recently got injured playing football tearing my calf muscle i had the same thoughts as yourself about quitting and even asked for advice from here but i got the same advice as your getting ive just resumed training and will hopefully be fit enough to play a game maybe next week. so heres my advice keep it up injuries can happen anytime and play the game as you normally would being too causious will mean only one thing you will get injured.