Rugby: 6 Nations 2010 Predictions

Re: Rugby: Wales Vs England

Being Welsh, I am hoping my own side will continue it's winning ways against the foe. However I think England may suprise everyone and actually play some rugby.

Ah a fellow welshman.

I also see an English team coming out an playing hard for the first 30 minutes, after that I think the class of the Welsh side will take over and we'll win by 9 to 12 points.....hopefully :roll:

Wales to win.... Already booked control of the household telly in order to hurl terrible and non-sensical abuse at anyway who doesn't play 'proper' rugby.

sceadugenga said:
Wales to win.... Already booked control of the household telly in order to hurl terrible and non-sensical abuse at anyway who doesn't play 'proper' rugby.
The way it should be done.

Line up:-

Wales: G Thomas (Toulouse, Captain); Luscombe (Newport Gwent Dragons), Shanklin (Cardiff Blues), Henson (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), S Williams (Neath-Swansea Ospreys); S Jones (Clermont Auvergne), Peel (Llanelli Scarlets); Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Davies (Gloucester), A Jones (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Cockbain (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Sidoli (Cardiff Blues), D Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), M Williams (Cardiff Blues), Owen (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: McBryde (Llanelli Scarlets), Yapp (Cardiff Blues), J Thomas (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), R Jones (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Cooper (Newport Gwent Dragons), Sweeney (Newport Gwent Dragons), Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons).

England: Robinson (Sale Sharks, Captain); Cueto (Sale Sharks), Tait (Newcastle), Noon (Newcastle), Lewsey (Wasps); Hodgson (Sale Sharks), Dawson (Wasps); Rowntree (Leicester), Thompson (Northampton), White (Leicester), Grewcock (Bath), Kay (Leicester), Jones (Sharks), Hazell (Gloucester), Worsley (Wasps).

Replacements: Titterrell (Sale Sharks), Vickery (Gloucester), Borthwick (Bath), Forrester (Gloucester), Ellis (Leicester), Barkley (Bath), Cohen (Northampton).

England have a couple of new caps. Watch for Tait - first time out for England.

The Welsh have a good solid structure and they are probably narrow favourites.

My prediction is the Wales will take the first half but England will take the game.

RM

Bergen said:

Wales: G Thomas (Toulouse, Captain); Luscombe (Newport Gwent Dragons), Shanklin (Cardiff Blues), Henson (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), S Williams (Neath-Swansea Ospreys); S Jones (Clermont Auvergne), Peel (Llanelli Scarlets); Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Davies (Gloucester), A Jones (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Cockbain (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Sidoli (Cardiff Blues), D Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), M Williams (Cardiff Blues), Owen (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: McBryde (Llanelli Scarlets), Yapp (Cardiff Blues), J Thomas (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), R Jones (Neath-Swansea Ospreys), Cooper (Newport Gwent Dragons), Sweeney (Newport Gwent Dragons), Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons).

England: Robinson (Sale Sharks, Captain); Cueto (Sale Sharks), Tait (Newcastle), Noon (Newcastle), Lewsey (Wasps); Hodgson (Sale Sharks), Dawson (Wasps); Rowntree (Leicester), Thompson (Northampton), White (Leicester), Grewcock (Bath), Kay (Leicester), Jones (Sharks), Hazell (Gloucester), Worsley (Wasps).

Replacements: Titterrell (Sale Sharks), Vickery (Gloucester), Borthwick (Bath), Forrester (Gloucester), Ellis (Leicester), Barkley (Bath), Cohen (Northampton).

My prediction is the Wales will take the first half but England will take the game.

RM
With those line ups I reckon Wales would win 11 - 9...... :D

hamisatypeofcheese said:
Bergen said:

RM
With those line ups I reckon Wales would win 11-9...... :D
Cockbrain Yapp :D :D

Good call from Bergs junior, he read the teams pretty well.

Well done England.

Jones was a pillock [and yes I know that there are 4 of them]

:lol:

Bergen said:
Good call from Bergs junior, he read the teams pretty well.

Well done England.

Jones was a pillock [and yes I know that there are 4 of them]

:lol:
Judging on the feelings of my friends and family, we can expect Alun Wyn Jones to face a firing squad at sunrise.

The stupid git :evil:

Is it me or has the standard of international rugby gone down over the years. The quality of handling is shocking...

hamisatypeofcheese said:
Ah a fellow welshman.

I also see an English team coming out an playing hard for the first 30 minutes, after that I think the class of the Welsh side will take over and we'll win by 9 to 12 points.....hopefully :roll:
Quiet in the cheap seats!!! :D

X.R.D said:
hamisatypeofcheese said:
Ah a fellow welshman.

Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of 2 years ago :( National day of mourning tomorrow I should think.

hamisatypeofcheese said:
X.R.D said:
hamisatypeofcheese said:
Ah a fellow welshman.

Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of 2 years ago :( National day of mourning tomorrow I should think.
As an Englishman it is only fair that I support the country of my birth. However I have also lived in Wales and have some good friends there who made me feel very welcome. I plan to move back there with the wife soon to continue where I left off. My point is that if Wales is playing anybody other than england they will get my full support!!!