RT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Karlish, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, virgin poster here so play nice!

Just sat my RT this morning and am due back at 1100 for my results.
    I'm pretty happy with my answers (a few guesses here and there) but overall I'm happy with my effort and with some practice, I managed to answer all sections with a bit of time to spare to go over my answers.

To my surprise, there was only 5 of us actually doing the test. Not sure if the weather had forced people to delay or what?

If people are reading through these forums like I did, looking for advice and tips, the best I can give you is to revise as much as you can, practice under timed conditions and brush up on the bits you need to. There's plenty of books and websites around to guide you along the way. It's not as daunting as people think. Just go in with a positive attitude, a clear head, and a watch so you can keep an eye on roughly what time you have left for the section your on as there will probably be no clocks in the room (for obvious reasons)

Fingers crossed!

2. OMM

OMM War Hero

May be no clocks but I had my watch on the table.

What trade are you going for?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. So its well past 1100, how did you do mate, give us the news...

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One hopes and assumes the advice offered before the results were announced is now endorsed by a credible result?

5. OMM

OMM War Hero

I was thinking he would look silly if he then failed.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Possibly, but most people have a gut feeling whether they've done good or bad and if you've time to check over your answers you've either done reasonably well, turned over too many pages or not realised there was more than one page of questions to answer.

I'm guessing he may be busy doing cartwheels by way of celebration at present or on his way home to kick the cat.

7. Haha great replies!

I passed :) "with flying colours" apparently!

4 out of 5 of us passed. 1 was taken out of the room and us remaining 4 were told we had passed and how big the margin was.
    1 lad was told he passed by a single mark on a particular section. Thought it a bit odd to have told us all as a group about our result, but as soon as I heard the words "you've all passed" I didn't really care where or how I was told.

OMM - I've applied for MA(GS)

8. Glad to hear it. Well done mate

9. OMM

OMM War Hero

Well done, the recruiting test shouldn't be a challenge to anyone who has suitably prepared for it in advance.

Atleast now your waiting time commences and you're on the ladder.

10. Thanks guys.

We were offered the opportunity to have our selection interview there and then. Apparently those above want to start this being the normal process, but AFCO's are saying it won't work. I opted to have a couple of weeks to prepare and brush up my knowledge. I was also told that he aims to have our eye test, medical, PJFT AND interviews done within 6 weeks.

Better get training then!

11. OMM

OMM War Hero

Really?

Maybe because there was only 4 of you but seems strange.

12. Apparently so. Certainly caught me off guard and as tempting as it was, it would be stupid to jump straight into interview without a bit of research.