RT Tomorow. Applied For AET

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Murph, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got my RT Tomorow, im bricking it im not going to lie. I've revised, revised and revised more. Feeling pretty confident about it, but ill kick my self if I fail.

Ive applied for AET and know it requires one of the highest scores.
    Has anyone got any last minute advise?

Thanks

2. Don't fcuk up. You'll be reet.

3. Learn to spell "advice" :p

just keep a cool head and try not to panic if you get stuck on a question, if you can't do it just move on and come back to it last.

If you've prepared enough I'm sure you'll do fine :D

4. Not as long as you have revised, to be honest i found the test pretty easy and finished all the sections with enough time to check over all the questions.

Just make sure you know your mental maths so you can work things out quickly.

Also read through the questions and answer all the fairly straight forward ones first, then start working out the harder ones after.

Catton.

5. I wouldn't advise going back to it in the RT, I'd say just guess and you have a 25% chance of getting it right.

6. Well that's what I did and I passed high enough for AET, but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone of course

7. Yes I just saw that id spelt that wrong! But thanks for pointing it out "Ham" :p
    Ill sleep better now.

My maths is pretty shit hot, and as for the other sections I should be fine, maybe the English i'll find difficult, especially if I get a question like....

Which is the correct spelling?

A) Advice

or

B) Advise

:)

8. The English part of the test isn't about spelling. It's more about analysing text from what I can remember.
    I can only say, Google 'psychometric test', and do a load, the RT is pretty similar to them. There are also some psychometric test linked on this very forum, search for them. A psychometric test is a psychometric test.
    I brushed up on basic maths and science on the BBC Bitesize website, as that is a comparable level, and get a good night sleep the night before.

9. Pretty much the same as this.
    I only really revised for an hour or so the day before by going over GCSE maths. Whats AET?

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

And remember to start a sentence with a capital letter. :roll:

11. Aircraft Engineering Technician.

12. Haha Yea I was going to point that out aswell.

AET is Air Engineering Technician :)

13. Actually there are four possible answers .... :p

But anyway, the best of luck and let us know how you get on

14. Murph, good luck and let us know how you got on.

15. Thanks everyone :)

Its at 9.00am, so early night tonight.

16. I've got mine tomorrow too :S

Good Luck :)

EDIT: Spelling

17. Well FCUK me, that was harder than I thought.

Passed it, but did not score high enough for AET :(
    So available to me is :

Warfare Spec
    Mine Warfare Spec
    Seaman Spec
    Logistics
    CIS
    Aircraft Handler
    Air Survival Tech

As AET is part of the Fleet Air Arm , does that mean I still wouldnt be able to apply for "Engineering Tech (Weapons)

Thanks

18. Sure can, it's one up from steward!!!

Sorry, I dunno?

19. Not too sure what your question is here. Judging by what you have passed for and the fact that engineering is not listed, means that you did not score enough for any of the engineering disciplines

20. Hey, congratulations on passing, I passed too, and I agree with you, it as MUCH harder than I thought. Hopefully going to apply for ET(WE) :D