RT Time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Si_Novice, Jan 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just been today to apply for my RT. Won't be until March!, 1st available dates....

Hey ho, more time to study and get fitter!

2. surely you dont need to study for this...?
    how hard is it these days..?

good luck anyway....if you can, go swimming with a track suit on (if the local baths let you)...serious, well help for the swimming test..

3. Thanks for the advice, will look into that.

Haven't been to school for a fair while and am looking to go in as a WAFU so need to brush up on the maths and mechanical stuff.

4. well make sure you can name simple tools and different file types etc by picture and what wire colour means what as stuff like that are in the mechanical side and gear rotations which gear spins faster and which direction will a certain clog turn.

5. Thanks Catcher (Cool Pic)

Got the gear stuff down but thanks very much for the other advice, its all welcome!!!

I am determined to nail it when it comes around.

What are you in as?

6. He's in as a WAFU too !!
    Work on your timings, especially on the last section that's the part I found the hardest. Not everyone's the same I suppose

Trigger 8)

7. Thanks Trigger,

Am almost 34 so all this advice is great as am running out of time to make this happen which is why I am so focused.

As I mentioned before, it's certainly the mechanical comprehension that may catch me out, but some good advice so far as to what kind of things to work on.

SO...WAFU question, when you go into training at gosport do you get training on all heli's or do you have to choose your preference, lynx v merlin etc?

Thanks again

8. Hey Haggis,

Not to be a dumb ass but just to check! By files you mean like knife edge or flat file? and simple tools like ratchet or pliers etc?

Cheers wee man

9. yep like flat file and rat tail.
    there will be pictures such as this:
    [​IMG]
    and you have to identify them as stilsons.
    and rember never let anyone tell you WAFU stands for Wet And Fcuking Useless when it really stands for Women All Fancy Us. :wink:

10. (WAFU) Like your style!!

and thanks again...

:D

11. As you've been so helpful!....

Can you answer this from earlier post?

SO...WAFU question, when you go into training at gosport do you get training on all heli's or do you have to choose your preference, lynx v merlin etc?

Thanks again

12. You do talk a load of bollox , I have lost count of the number of newbies posting on here that they had failed the RT because they had not bothered to do any study.

13. this part of the website should answer all training questions.