RT test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jamesmurray, Apr 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was told i had to wait till september 2014 to start officer training because thats the year my degree finishes in. But as i failed the RT by couple marks in maths today i was told i would have to retake it next april. Was just wondering if i could still start september 2014 if i passed it next time
  2. That's an exceptionally short time frame, James, so I would think it more likely that one of the later intakes would be a possibility. There are intakes in February, May, September and November, so you might perhaps be in the running for November 2014 or February 2015. The AIB will decide on this, anyway.

What are you studying?

PS First catch your rabbit, as Mrs Beeton said.
  3. thanks. Yh november would be fine i just didnt want to have to wait a whole other year to join so if its just a couple of months thats alright. Regarding your question in the other thread im currently studying television and film which sounds irrelavant but working as a producer on long running shows and short films has given me great leadership skills. I also have a college education in sports coaching which is good to have. Im 23 aswell so i am pretty mature and confident in myself.

This experience of failure is only going to drive me on to succeed. I hate failure with a passion and am extreemly determined now to pass next time. Im going to study maths so hard i cant fail. The questions in maths were typical gcse stuff and as im 23 that is far behind me and i havnt really done that level of questioning for a while. I did practice tests well enough but if i had known 20/30 was pass rate for officer i may have tried just a little bit harde. I heard 10/30 was minimum and i though that applied to me aswell throwing me off a bit regarding what i had to achieve.

But im desperate to try again and will pass next time guarenteed because i want it so badly
  4. Have a look at this, James:

BBC - GCSE Bitesize - Maths

Use your time to keep up your fitness and to do activities which indicate that you have leadership potential.

Buy Navy News at Smith's when you can, to build up your knowledge.

Most of all, put everything into cracking that test - you need to pass it with flying colours next time - there won't be further opportunities.

PS If you think that your spelling and punctuation could benefit from a little brush-up, consider looking at that too.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  5. What are trying to say about my english? I got an A in english! I can write properly when i want to haha.

but yeah thanks. I was thinking about bitesize but wasn't sure if it was still running. Defo worth a shout though and will prob come in handy. Cheers man
  6. I wouldn't stack exam results as an accurate indicator of intelligence, I don't mean this to you personally, just in general.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. FitnessFitnessFitnessFitness.

Just out of interest, is your Uni place sponsored by the RN?
  8. no its not
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Something else you got wrong youngster.:error:
  10. Soleil, you're far too subtle.

JM, put far less subtly, your written word is appalling. If your English (note the capital letter) is as good as you say, then write, spell and punctuate properly. It's no good saying you can do it if you need to. If you continually write poorly you'll get into bad habits and that will do you no favours when it comes to the essay writing at the AIB.

You'll undoubtedly be delighted to know I have risen to the dizzy heights of Inspector in the Grammar Police and, thus far, your writing makes my eyes bleed.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

...and another thing, RT means Recruiting Test. In other words, the thread title "RT Test" suggests the test is being tested.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Is that like ATM machine and PIN number?

More pet hates of mine =D
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I've been guilty of calling it the RT test once or twice. Just realised how ridiculous it sounds now :thumbdown:

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  14. Ah, but I can get a two-out-of-three. NCP Car Parks!

On a slightly unsavoury note the Plymouth Argyle 'firm' are (were?) known as 'The Central Element'.

A Honicknowle conversation:

"That fellow looks a bit of a bounder".

"'ere - don't fock wiv Im - 'es in the fockin TCE".

"Does one have a stammer with a touch of Tourette's old chap?"
  15. good post innit
  16. When people at work say they need something to have a PAT test always makes me smile, a bit like saying they off to the SETT tank.
  17. I'm glad this is being cleared up at last.

For a long time I thought a new word, "tment" had been incorporated into the dictionary:

RT test = Recrui Tment test.
  18. "PIN number".

The amount of cashiers that tell you to enter your "PIN number" :angry2:
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I know how you feel, that's how I felt, but I found they don't after you nut them.