rt test help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rdarly, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have my last chance at my navy entry test on fri and I faild it befour and they gave me a 6moths extention i am well nervis this time.... should i go for quality rather than quantity when i do the questions..

2. Have you done any courses since you last sat the RT?
  3. last time i faild the english and the mcanical side i passed the maths side. I have been looking at books i also got the civilservice prep online practice tests. I have also kept up my maths tutor as well....
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Correct answers usually 'swing-it' when it comes to passing.

That said, you've only got 44 minutes to answer 120 questions so if you have a load of unanswered questions left & little time remaining it's possibly prudent in a multiple choice examination to start playing "Spot the Ball".
  5. seriously take up some well-written novel reading,
    and make sure you don't leave any blanks on the test
  6. well.... it is obviously your english :lol: :roll:
  7. Scarface, your observation skills are only at 75%! You missed the 'extention of 6 moths' !

edit; mine aren't tip-top either!
  8. well. good luck anyway, speed is important
  9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Oi Fatmong, how the fcek can you keep a straight face whilst taking the p1ss out of rdarly's use of English. You really confirm every day how much you deserve the title "summer mong 2009 - Scarface2009". Stick to practising you chessy hammies brains. :roll:
  10. witsend... you are becoming a very ugly habit.... now fck off you MONG!!!!!
  11. I have my test in about 4 weeks,

I am on the BBC Bitesize website currently going over my math’s (not done much since I took my GCSE's in 1995!)

Any tips for the other areas or the test? English would be one I need to brush up on also, are all the questions under the verbal reasoning section questions like..

Leaf if to tree as...

Followed by 4 options?
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have a look at Recruiting Test Examples in the FAQ sticky.
  13. Yeah what Ninja_Stoker said..

plus I did a load of these from this site, which definitely helped out

Not all are suitable but I figured the more I did, the better.

There is also another thread on here somewhere in which a user has posted links to tests for potential firemen and civil servants etc.. maybe someone else can link to that, I can't find it. - edit; the link N_S posted is the one.
  14. You can pass if i did! i think anyone can pass if i did hahaha lol. I failed 1st time aswell.
  15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Good one chubby, thats me told! :roll:
  16. As speed is the key I found this and it has made life so much easier, and… quicker I thought I would share, might help someone (especially the older ones who has not been at school for sometime like me).

This site covers it all to be fair but here is an example (subtraction) that is relevant to working out some of the Math’s questions anyway

If you do memories tip #4 for example it shaves a couple of seconds off! Which is good when you think about how many secs you get per question.. When I first read it, telling me to memories what seem to be simple things I almost overlooked it but it actually is turning out to be useful for me anyway.

And in reply to the original post, as it seems the trick is speed knowing these little tricks will help us do that and accurately (thats the theory anyways!)
  17. This may sound really stupid but anyway, i have my RT next week and i don't know how formal it is. Do people go in suits or casual clothes?

18. when i did mine, i went in smart casual dress (jeans,top) so sid the others, but it is up to you in the end
  19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Nothing smart about jeans and only girlies wear tops
  20. JJP

Most candidates choose smart casual for the RT.

You will want to be smarter, though, for your interview.