RT Test Expired?

SuperNexus

Midshipman
Hello,
My Cousin who is 19 is Currently looking to apply for the Navy. although he is worried about this RT test expiring. He had to do it Twice and decided to finish school before joining now it looks like the second one is near expiring as he did it in may last year. will he be able to continue with his application even after it has expired?

Thanks

Last edited:

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
You could always try storing the RT in the fridge, might give it a few more days.

RT expiration is not generally a problem - he would just be invited to retest. They remain in date for 3 years though.

Best advice is to keep the AFCO updated. Sometimes if the application process is drawn out and they don't hear from you for several months, they start to wonder if you've lost interest.

Best of luck to him.

SuperNexus

Midshipman
Thanks for the Reply, some reason i thought it was 1 year but ill try putting in the Fridge, it might help.

I kinda scared him when I told him i thought it was only one year , so i'm sure he will be pretty pleased to hear its 3 years.

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
The other components are usually one year... e.g. medical, PJFT (and AIB for aspiring officers). Health, fitness and leadership are much more dynamic than baseline intelligence, which (along with a bit of skill in taking a written test) is what RT is assessing.

If you don't have a fridge (or space in the fridge) then I hear brandy is good - it worked for Nelson!

Last edited: