RT Scores

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by muskovardo, Apr 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't find anything on the search function directly linked to my question. I know there are a lot of threads regarding the RT.

I was just wondering does your score get taken into consideration or is every pass classed as the same?
  2. No, the passes aren't classed as the same. Each job has a required total score/part score combination and an applicant for a specific job has to achieve that to be considered for the role in which he/she is interested.

CT and roles with a medical or engineering content have a higher RT score requirement than the others.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Sol I think that the OP may be asking "if A scores higher than B for the same job would he be put higher up the entry list?"
  4. I see your point, Janner. I may have misread what Muskovardo meant.
  5. Cheers for the reply guys, sorry should have been more specific. I'm hoping to rejoin and this time I scored much higher than last time, I made sure I put a lot of work in to get a higher score.

Don't want to know of it puts me higher up the entry list nessersarilly but if it will reflect well on me when they consider to re accept me or not.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It matters not unfortunately but the higher you score the wider the range of jobs available. An applicant could still get a top RT score and otherwise be a complete duffer, so that's why we conduct interviews.

Officers have merit based-selection, based on AIB scores but it's the difference between being selected or not selected usually, although it could mean faster entry if the highest scoring passes are allocated first.

A while back, Engineering Technicians with higher RT scores were allocated ahead of lower scores to ensure quicker "pull through" for fast track individuals, but that's no longer the case.
  7. Thanks ninja that's what I wanted to know. I'll just be happy with what I scored then.
  8. I managed to grab a chat with an FAA Officer after my ICP yesterday, and she said AET requires the second highest RT test score.. Which job requires the highest out of interest?
  9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  10. What's the lowest?

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(
  11. You fishing or wanting to know?
  12. Aircraft Handler
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Typical Woo bigging themselves up. Student Nurse is the second highest RT, followed by Qualified Nurse, Aircraft Controller is right up there, so is Aircrewman, and at the other end of the scale is Aircraft Handler. CT is top of the shop.

Officer used to be quite high, but they've had to reduce it twice, to the extent Royal Marines Officer & Engineering Officer applicants who pass the Recruiting Test but fail AIB may well find themselves ineligible to join as a Royal Marine Other Rank or Engineering Technician due to the lower pass mark for Officer in the Mechanical Comprehension element of the Recruiting Test.

Strange, but true.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Just interested, if the FAA postmen are really employed on intelligence of how they look in a string vest?

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(
  15. Nearly correct. Aircraft Controllers are right up their...... You know the rest.

For good reason mind.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

It must be hoop. ;-P
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Correctamundo!