RT Score

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hooperjones, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me what this score is out of please as i know my score and would like to know how many i got wrong

2. How much you get first and i can help you nigel.

3. Unlucky mate! you done ok but its out of 290.

4. thats proper weird because my DO said it was very high and that was one of the reasons i got picked for the UY scheme. How did i get on the scheme then with such a low score?

5. No idea, someone will help you and tell you the answer.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's out of 120, so 119 is quite good, well above average in fact.

At long last, Chapter 5 of BR3 is now visible to all & it actually tells you the Recruiting Test scores required for each branch & the gradings per score.

In 6 years, the highest score I've seen is 117, so take a medal from the bucket for getting 119! :wink:

7. Ok cool well that explains that one then cheers ninja. Do you know if it is the same test for officers as it is for ratings?

8. 119 out of 120 is well above average???? LOL now i know why u were a stoker Ninja :D :D :D :D :D

9. did you get 119 to Ninja?

10. Dont be silly! His ninja ( a stoker ) he got 120.

11. i joined as a stoker submariner, i got to enjoy the delights of sunny old gosport

12. Ninja_Stoker

Looking at my service docs, it would appear that I similarly got one or two wrong also, however it's always possible the person marking the test could've made a mistake. :wink:

13. ninja do you happen to have any info on the UY scheme?

14. Thanks for this information, very interesting to see, can you explain to me in the table, what do the columns PQAS, VA, CP, and H mean?

Many thanks

Guy

15. CP and VA are Colour Perception and Visual Acuity. No idea what the other 2 are.

16. You don't need to know that.

17. Ninja_Stoker

As Drakey says it’s a case of need to know but since the Book of Reference is now accessible to all on the RN Website reference library, which is a "reet rivetin' read"...

If you’re that bothered the PQAS is explained in BR3 chapter 10 & the 'H' is explained in BR1750A Chapter 1.

The Recruiting Test is the same for Officers & Other Ranks, relevant scores listed in BR3 above.

Upper Yardmen

The RN refers to those promoted from the lower deck to become officers as Upper Yardmen. Those aged over 30 years of age are known as Senior Upper Yardmen (SUY) and will have several years of relevant naval experience plus 4 GCSE's including maths & English. In recognition of this they receive a bespoke package of Naval General Training for 7 weeks intended to build upon the skills and knowledge they have acquired during their careers, thus avoiding repetition in areas in which they are already competent. For those aged under 30 years, known as Upper Yardmen they will join Initial Officer Training and conduct the full 28 week package. Upper Yardmen need a minimum of 5 GCSE's including maths & English, grades A*-C.

Happy reading. :lol:

18. Given the current penchant for dumbing down to artificially inflate pass rates i reckon your average rock ape could have a decent stab at that :roll: :roll:

19. Ninja_Stoker

Have a shufty in the Wardroom next time you're passing to see if it's started yet :wink: