RT Revision

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by stace141, May 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey everyone

Newbie to this and would like some advice.
    received a letter today with my RT date (22nd may).

I have looked through the forums and found numerous links to revison pages etc. I've worked through the booklet and noticed Im struggling a bit with my numeracy skills. I have logged onto the bbc bitesize maths site.... is this any good?

I've taken into consideration what everyone is saying about timing and keeping calm :)

I just dont want to waste time revising rubbish that isn't relevant.

any advice would be appreciated! Thanks
  2. When I did mine, it was nothing too difficult. Things like fractions, area, perimeter, decimal places, long multiplication, adding, subtracting etc. basically just doing the simple stuff quickly and correctly. I think not panicking and working through it calmly is really good advice, and if you just go over the same sort of questions as they give you in the practice booklet and you can do them well, you won't go far wrong.
  3. That's great Thanks a lot.
  4. I bought a how to prepare for psychometric tests book which definitely helped.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  5. hi everyone
    trying to test myself against the clock for the RT but cant seem to find what each sections time limits are.
    I have seen them posted on here but im going round in circles trying to find them again a bit of help would be great please x
  6. The timings are in the selection process booklet your afco should have given you. It's available in pdf format on the rn website if you don't have a copy.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  7. Thank you.
  8. I seem to recall getting 9 mins per section with the exception of maths were you get 16 mins.

I could be wrong though.

BBC GCSE bitesize website, get amongst it.
  9. yeah your right!... just 10mins for the mechanical bit!
    have been living on the bitesize website hehe thank you for the reply x
  10. Go down to your library and get some free books to revise from! Mike Bryon is the author. I did, and passed.
  11. I bought The Ulitmate Psycometric Test Book for £3 online. It really did help. Its just sat collecting dust if you want it.
  12. Thanks for everyones replies.... just thought id let you all know I passed!! well happy =]
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

"Well happy"?

In nautical circles one uses the phrase: "dead chuffed".
  14. fair enough! people usually give me grief for saying chuffed!
    safe to say then, that im dead chuffed!
  15. Fairy Snuff! I guess your feeling Harry Von Wazzbatts. :grin:
    • Like Like x 1