RT Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SlimmJimm, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, sorry for this bone question, but I was wondering if you are able to take a bottle of water with you to the RT?

The thing is, I'm getting a bit nervous about it, and when I get nervous my mouth dries up completely. I don't want to sit there gagging away.

2. You are only allowed 4 cans of Special Brew and 20 Superkings :lol: .

Not really, you'll be asked before you take the test if you would like to use the toilet, and if you'd like a glass of water. Don't worry about it, keep calm and you'll be fine.
  3. In all honesty its not that hard. Howeverrr, I dont think you would have time to have a drink, wouldnt have the time.
  4. Yeah, as Powder said, you don't really want to waste time drinking.
  5. Dear Jimm,

I sat my RT on Friday past and some of the others in the room had bottles of water or juice on their desks. I don't think they had time to drink any of it though! The test goes really quickly so if you have a drink before you start you won't have to wait long to have another afterwards.

Good luck!

ps I found the BBC bitesize websites really helpful before my test, definitely worth a look.
  6. Had my test Friday just gone and my advice is just have a drink before you go into the test room. You won't have time to think about your dry mouth once the test starts, let alone stop to drink!

Good luck anyway!
  7. If Only :p

Cool, thanks for that!

I just want something to wetten my mouth before i go in. So i dont really mind not drinking it during the test itself, i know i wont have time.

Thanks everyone! You have put my mind at ease.
  8. I got my RT date :D 12th March - plenty of time for some revision!
  9. Don't drink too much before your test!!
    If you need to go for a pee during your test - you forfit and fail the test!!
  10. But I heard at my AFCO, that if you have drunk all your water and you go in the bottle without leaving the room that it doesn't count against you and you don't fail - have I been misled?
  11. The test is only 45 minutes if I remember, so unless you have like a 2litre bottle, I doubt you will need to pee.

I just remembered (dont ask why), but before each section (I belive there are 4) the ACLO will tell you about it and make sure you understand, its around 5 minutes of talking. So you could probably drink then :)
  12. What if you need to, ahem... 'lay cable'...? :? Would you advise (aswell as a suitable bottle for 'emergencies'), possibly a mid-sized tupperware container for 'convenience'???
  13. SJ

Get some sweets instead; not sweets which only last a minute as that will distract you, but a boiled sweet with a sharp taste like lemon.
  14. Well I'm guessing it would have to be something synonymous with test taking, a pencil case perhaps, something like:

15. Lonestar - That looks an ideal 'Cable Locker'! You are a genius, and no doubt you're rapidly rising through the RN Rating system.
  16. lonestar, I don't know the ruling if you can take a bottle into the test as I didn't need to. All I'm saying is you don't want to be drinking too much before hand and then have the added pressure of a full bladder!!

17. Solution here:

18. Thanks for all the replys and comments of support!

If I'm this nervous before the RT, I dread to think what I'll be like for the interview. Probabley a nervous wreck! Haha 8O

Thanks again

19. Well I had my RT this morning. Was a bit nervous so I was glad I had my water :p

BTW I passed!! :D