RT Date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Si_Novice, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Finally got my RT date of March 23rd.

Thanks to Haggis, Soleil, Ninja and SM for the advice on preparing for it, will update later.

Great support guys, thanks :D

2. You're welcome SN!

Let us know how you get on!

3. no bother mucker

4. Will do Soleil,

Jesus.. All this practising against the clock and revision on maths and mechanisms, pysc test etc, I think I'm smarter now than ever! (lol)

I will make the AET grade damn it! :lol:

5. Gratz mate :D

I'm still waiting for the piece of paper through the post to confirm mine (any day now) brushing up on my maths is the major one for me.

6. Sure it wont be long buddy,

The guys on here posted some great links to help try these:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/ and

http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/division.html

The bbc link is good as you can also get to the mechanics, science and electronics for extra brain use. The maths made easy was useful just for easy explanations to remind my old brain how to do long division and multiplication etc.. There are work sheets on there too so you can keep doing them every day and see your calculation speed increase.
    Also..(phew) I use a DS and brain training which has been great for improving my speed of thought.
    Also see this link
    http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=408682.html#408682

If you take the experts advice(lol), you will be fine. Good Luck! :D

7. Good luck for when it finally comes guys :D

8. Cheers Trigger,

I haven't forgotten your useful input on my previous posts! :wink:

9. Imagine forgetting me :roll: ;)

Any other questions or whatever, just give me a pm :)

10. Cheers Matey!

11. Hey Trigger,

I was looking at some threads and noticed you sat your RT in October? Have you had your joining dates yet?

12. Yeah had RT in october, just finished everything on the 18th of this month! Not had any joining dates yet, doubt ill get them soon. I've to go back and see my CA in 6months time for catch up interview, and he said he was hopeful that he would RNAC dates for me, then my raleigh dates wouldn't be too long after that :)

13. Holy Cr*p

Hope it sorts out soon! Weird how different folk get different time scales!

How did you find the RT? As an old bloke (33 lol) looking to nail it 1st time so involved in mucho prep and practise.

Cheers 8)

14. Its different waiting times for different jobs/ branches etc. I'm sure it will fly by though, just gives me time to get super fit :D

Yeah, all I can say is practice practice practice and you'll be fine!!
    Good luck, and again any problems just ask :)