R's to go by March?

Broadside - Let me try and help you understand.

's not the 'R' that is the issue - it's the inability to make and communicate a decision on the 'R' that is the problem

CMR AND STAFF ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF MAKING DECISIONS.
AND TOO COMMUNICATE IT WHEN APPLICABLE, IN THIS INSTANCE IT IS NOT CMR'S DECISION how many more times do we have to keep saying this

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
I honestly couldn't give a rats ass what i wear on my shoulders. I'll advertise myself as RNR anywhere i happen the work.

I actually like the RNR flashes and would much rather wear them than RN.

I am in total agreement with MC on this one. Lets just shut up about it until something actually happens. The RN also tune into this forum and must wonder what all the fuss is about. Some may even resent the possibilty of us wearing RN flashes, who cares?

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
"CMR AND STAFF ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF MAKING DECISIONS.
AND TOO COMMUNICATE IT WHEN APPLICABLE, IN THIS INSTANCE IT IS NOT CMR'S DECISION how many more times do we have to keep saying this"

The problem is MC that we keep getting differnt rumours depending on the day of the week, the member of staff and so on. What CMR needs to do to stop this is very simple.
Send out a signal to the RNR units saying exactly what is going on - along lines of "we'd like to scrap it, we're waiting for permission from X (tell us who X is though) and we anticipate this being solved by Y"

This is not rocket science, its simple communication.

broadside

War Hero
Jim30 said:
AND TOO COMMUNICATE IT WHEN APPLICABLE, IN THIS INSTANCE IT IS NOT CMR'S DECISION how many more times do we have to keep saying this"

The problem is MC that we keep getting differnt rumours depending on the day of the week, the member of staff and so on. What CMR needs to do to stop this is very simple.
Send out a signal to the RNR units saying exactly what is going on - along lines of "we'd like to scrap it, we're waiting for permission from X (tell us who X is though) and we anticipate this being solved by Y"

Well said Jim - Now MC - THAT is what COMMUNICATION is all about - got it?

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Jim30 said:

MasterChief said:
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer(s) i gave some moments (days) ago

DSMSMR but not for a while yet
MC, with all due respect to your role as CWO RNR, what Jim30 and others are after is something official from the CMR staff rather than a slighlty bad-tempered response on an unofficial forum. Certainly, when I did my Leadership courses in times gone by, the need for clear unambigous communications was identified as a key element of leadership - take a step back, take a deep breath, count to 10 and then ask yourself the question: "does your posting on RR satisfy the requirements for unambigous communication to the RNR?". While RR has a fair number of RNRs, I'm sure that there are many people in the units who also have a vested interest in this issue that do not watch these boards.

Congratulations, by the way, on clocking up 25 years in the RNR - next time you're in the Legion here in Petawawa, I'll stand you a beer!

Yours aye

Flags

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
Thats the point MC - I know what you're saying AND I understand the difficult position CMR is in. The problem is that no one has told us this officially. All we need is a quick one side of A4 to explain the situation - why is this so beyond CMR's abilities to organise?

My point is , there are so many far more important initiatives and issues going around that surely when the "R"s go is not really critical to OC ??.

I am looking at communciation and agree we could be slicker, however on this issue i think its fairly unimportant.

I have to ask myself do the whole RNR really need a written communcation on this ?? i dont think so , but its all about opinions.

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
I'd say that an 8 page thread on RR, constant rumours, constant questions, constant debate makes this an emotive issue.
I know its a small thing, but its the little things that matter - and as tied into earlier comments if CMR can't get it sorted on this, what hope is there for more serious matters?

WarMonger

War Hero
hammockhead said:
Bored now.
Jesus you must be some sort of superhuman I was poking pencils in my eyes after page 4... :lol:

Whatever happens do you think there is any money in the budget to kit every one in the RNR with new RN slides anyway..!!

Get a grip!!!

polab

Midshipman
It's the new initiative to fool the politicians WRT the R&R crisis. They're making numbers sound higher by describing the number of AB slides issued.

bipod64

Midshipman
Just to be different; I intend keeping my 'R', as I wish to let the regulars know I have been working my a**e of all week and will tolerate their rather behind the curve working technologies and practices on a weekend in developing our team, to assist them....