RR picture posting for Dummies

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by silverfox, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Please could one of the more IT literate members of the collective spell out in words of one syllable who a chap (or chapess) goes about sticking pics in their posts and resizing avatars.

I know it involves a third party site, picturecave or something, and it has been explained in a thread to me before - but I'm old and I forget things.... and it would be handy to have an idiots guide that could be put up as a sticky.

many thanks

SF (or whatever my name is....)

2. Silverfox, at the risk of being drafted to the Help The Aged web site, I’ll second that!

Incidentally, on my last Birthday, the candles cost more than the cake. How was yours?

Regards, Jerry

3. S-F

I am a computer moron but if I can do it so can you. You need to open an account with photbucket or similar.

http://photobucket.com/

You then make an album and upload pictures from your PC. When you go to upload in Photobucket you will see a box which has "Upload to ******"

and smaller boxes with browse alongside click browse and select from your PC the picture you want. Then click enter and its number/address will appear in the box along side browse. Click "upload" and after a short period it will be placed in your album.

The picture will appear with three small boxes underneath copy the number in the URL Link box.

Then in RR send a New Subject/Reply box write your note and insert pic in the place you want it by clicking the icon bottom row far left (yellow with two mountains and a postage stamp on it). This will give you a box at the top left of your screen which says "Explorer user prompt" delete the http/ shown and paste in the URL number you copied. The hit the OK button.

You will now see in your message box the some thing like.

img/http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/888888/CVAneaksuptheClyde.jpg/img

If you then go to preview of your message your pic will as magic appear.

Nutty

PS If you delete the picture from your album it will also delete from the message you sent. Pictures should not be any larger than 800 by 500 pixels. Use you photo management system to reduce size before uploading them. Photobucket reduces them down but not all systems do. Anything bigger will swamp the page by size.

4. Sign on with say IMAGE CAVE. Grab a pic pop it into image cave you may have to reduce size[photoshop go to image =image size change to say about 800 0n the width other photo tools work on the same principal. If this is the original pic save as copy so you do not lose your original pic then pop it onto image cave] we do so it does not have to be viewed by using the slider below the pic This will come with practise.

When you have saved on image cave by clicking on upload pic go to view galleries on the url highlight by holding down mouse and moving along url location, edit and copy then on your letter double click on letter icon below the bold icon the black B. Go edit paste and the url will pop into box click ok and you are a genius.

Practise by popping on photos of comedians.

[​IMG]

5. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ta muchly

6. Cheers Nutty, works a treat! You are far too modest.

[​IMG]

Regards Jerry

7. Gerry

I know it works I just don't know how or why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv Nutty :?: :?: :?: :?:

8. [quote="Nutty]
    I know it works I just don't know how or why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv Nutty :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

bit like a blokes brain then?

9. bit like a woman's brain then?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wooly hat donned in anticipation of flak! :wink:

10. Superb Nutty

Thanks!!!!

[​IMG]

11. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wooly hat donned in anticipation of flak! :wink:[/quote]

Just noticed your sig Steve...only one pint a day tsk...when I wer a lad us northan monkeys would....... :)

12. bit like a blokes brain then?[/quote]

Rosy....a picture speaks a thousand words :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

13. bit like a blokes brain then?[/quote]

[​IMG]

14. Rosy....a picture speaks a thousand words :lol: :lol:

[​IMG][/quote]

Bergen

Great Pic please send brains urgently to Spain due to great shortage until summer season arrives.

Waiting in trembling anticipation

Nutty

15. Bergen

Great Pic please send brains urgently to Spain due to great shortage until summer season arrives.

Waiting in trembling anticipation

Nutty[/quote]

How about a pair of puppies???

[​IMG]

16. Nice Tats Berg.

17. Would Love to stroke them!!

18. Well there you go. I personally would not advertise that I only have tits and no brains.

Because luckily I have both!

[​IMG]

19. Sorry Rosie, but posting a picture of Terry Wogan with those words underneath simply implies that actually, you have no brains at all. :p :lol: