Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

St Marys Island Chatham Saturday whilst taking Grandaughter for a skate !

Old tugs in Basin 3 and for you sundodgers that glow in the dark - the submarine refuelling dock was between those two tower blocks if my memory serves !!
1593432391314.png
1593432414819.png
1593432442412.png

If the refit complex was between those two towers I wouldn't try growing any veg there, after doing a core mod there on my first boat I know what went over the side during the wee small hours when no-one was looking :oops:;)

Old Scottish Steam Puffer astern of the Tugs.

Looks like a puffer. However, I thought I had seen something like this in a naval dockyard, and the colour scheme (like the RMAS) supported my hazy memory. A check of Mr Google dredged up the fact that VIC 96 is being conserved at Chatham, having been built in 1945 as a Victualling Inshore Craft.

But @janner, you were pretty close. The design was based on - yes, a Clyde puffer.

The attachment is for info, but the picture is not mine.

Attachments

• 9427714.jpg
    9427714.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
See the ship with the low freeboard next to Barking - said MT Fearnought - Manchester on stern yet nothing about her on Wiki
MT I take is Motor Tug ? but the very low freeboard ? - wth that name I wondered if it was on an old fire fighting boat...............................................

See the ship with the low freeboard next to Barking - said MT Fearnought - Manchester on stern yet nothing about her on Wiki
MT I take is Motor Tug ? but the very low freeboard ? - wth that name I wondered if it was on an old fire fighting boat...............................................
Name suits it !

I spent sometime on the TRV7 out in Singapore, memories not what it was but the design was quite similar, I've been looking for pictures of her on the internet but no luck so far. Meant to be Spare Crew at the time to get some inboard time, didn't even last a day in spare crew as such, but spent more time on the TRV than I would have done on a Boat.

Made a blackout screen for shed window to stop any would be thief looking for summat to nab , when I shut the door to check it covered window OK this is what I saw.
-
K4.jpg

-
K6.jpg

-
K5.jpg

will try and take some more today at different sun positions and see If I can better these

Two different sets of hollyhocks on the decking at the back of our house at Arreton, Isle of Wight. Arreton Down, classed as an SSSI, in the background. Lovely views from the field at the top; you can see the Arreton Valley stretched before you, from Sandown Bay via Ventnor Down to St Catherine's Down.

2020 Wendyhocks July 5.jpg2020 Wendayhocks July.jpg

Latest Threads