Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Cotherstone green resized.jpgCotherstone Green 3 resized.jpg

The village of Cotherstone, near Barnard Castle, County Durham, on Friday. With daffodils still in full bloom and the trees less greened, the area seemed to have been about three or four weeks behind the Isle of Wight when we got home yesterday.

DSC_0019-1960x1102.JPG

Bimbled down the side of a Cornish hillside to Clovelly yesterday. Weather was a bit grim, but that didn't stop Mr Shitehawk having a go at stealing my pastie. Epic fail.
Staring match. I won.

Bude wasn't very tropical either. We were going to indulge in a full English aboard that floating barge/restaurant.....until this tight Yorkshire git saw the price list, which explains the pastie in drizzly Clovelly.

DSC_0015-1102x1960.JPG

Clovelly - the way in.

steps.jpg
Lorra , lorra steps on the way down. Me and WolfPackLeader managed the down bit. F*ck the up bit! Caught a SWB Landrover Defender for the return journey. Another fiver well spent. Janners certainly know how to separate "tourists" from their dosh.

The dreaded Garden part 2

Been challenged to turn this into a patio, I think she has a finish date of next weekend, I think she needs to check her schedule it seems to be misaligned with mine by about a month.
@BillyNoMates sunshine in Guzz WP_20180422_11_52_38_Pro.jpgWP_20180422_11_52_07_Pro.jpgWP_20180422_11_51_59_Pro.jpgWP_20180422_11_51_54_Pro.jpgWP_20180422_11_51_49_Pro.jpg

Easy job. Half hours graft and it'll be done. Alternatively , call DIY SOS and tell 'em you've got a sick, blind, wheelchair bound, deaf, arthritic grannie with leprosy.....and they'll knock you one up for nowt.

They must go to a different school of good ideas?

On what used to be a hard standing to park a couple of cars, there stands 2 sheds both knackered as my son put them up on uneven ground to store his stuff when moving house. She says they have both got to go, I pointed out that one has 2 freezers, both full and an over flow fridge?

A spinner wheel bike, a cross trainer and a normal exercise bike, all good idea buys that have hardly been used, along with her full size treadmill, which we lifted into her summer house at the weekend, it has been under tarpaulin all winter. I think all will have to go to a good home or the tip?

The Isle of Wight has a very extensive network of footpaths, bridleways etc. , including quite a lot of disused railway lines. The former station platform at Merstone has a lot of cowslips this year, plus some primroses.. (I may have posted a similar picture in previous years - if so, apologies for the brain malfunction)

2018 Merstone cowslips 2 resized.jpg

Latest Threads