Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Indeed, unfortunately not available in Canada or the USA.
Whenever visiting the UK would bring a bottle of Woods back with me from the Duty Free.

Last edited:

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
Just to the nearest fence, neighbour runs his sheep on the paddock and takes care of it. Cherry orchards beyond will be a major headache for the orchardist this year, most of the picking done by backpackers and migrant pickers who return every year but with this Covid sh1t happening I'm not sure how he'll go although a few months yet before that happens.DSCN0672_edited-1.jpg
This is what they use to dry the fruit if we've had rain before picking, he'll spend 2 or 3 days doing this if needed.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Two slightly different views of the valley of the eastern River Yar on the Isle of Wight, taken from Brading Down this afternoon. Sandown Bay on the left, and the southern Downs in the background.

@Pontius You can also see Sandown International Airport..............

2020 Brading Down 1 resized.jpg2020 Brading Down 5.jpg

Wightsparker

War Hero
I saw similar views but from a bit higher yesterday. Lovely day for taking to the air :)

I hope you enjoyed it!
Whilst taking the pictures ( after eating the obligatory ice creams) we saw an aircraft take off and fly towards Brading Down. I watched to see if it was your machine, but 'twas a microlite and I envied the pilot's view.

Mind you, I remember a Lynx flight from a slightly smoky Montserrat to Antigua (1995 I think) when we flew over some fantastic but rather crowded beaches at the latter island. The Observer said "Wish I was down there"; the Pilot replied "I wonder how many of them are saying they wished they were up here?" :)

The dinosaurs graveyard - me and mrs LBG enjoying the views on our first outing this year

Attachments

• 0730EBCD-2911-4FC8-90C6-1A2E0246DA39.jpeg
    0730EBCD-2911-4FC8-90C6-1A2E0246DA39.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23

Taztiff

War Hero
Tried it at Excellent once. Just the once !!! Had instant cause to regret it.
Mostly done on the outer wall on a Hunt as OOD at the weekend.
Just had to make sure that Commodore Small Ships wasn't on his morning run around the dockyard first!

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Clyde at 12.30 today

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
They're all clyde to me. I cant tell the difference unless there is a welshman hanging out the back. In that case, that one is called "my love".. i know that coz' that's what the tail gunner calls her whist driving her around the field

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Migration Advisory Committee members extend terms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of 2 new members to the Civil Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Nicholas Griffin and Claire-Marie Roberts as Board Members of UK Anti-Doping. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Rimla Akhtar and Janet Johnson as Board Members of the Sports Grounds Safety Authority. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Baroness Berridge to academy trust members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Belarus: UK sanctions eight members of regime, including Alexander Lukashenko MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment of independent members to ACOBA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women make up more than a third of all board members across the FTSE 350 for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Non-Executive Board Members appointed to two departments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary announces new members of the UK Holocaust Memorial Foundation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Tribunal Procedure Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New board members to strengthen oversight of HS2 as it enters next phase of delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for Work and Pensions appoints two new Non-Executive Board Members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment starts for new EHRC Chair and board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary addresses members of the Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Chris Pilling and Ismail Amla as Board Members of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new Cabinet Office Non-Executive Board Members appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD project helps 1,000+ pension scheme members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Afghanistan at Meeting of Members of the UN Security Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan appointed as members of the Cafcass Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Prison Service Pay Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission Chair welcomes new board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE and Joanna Prowse appointed as Board Members of the Charity Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Carol Hui, Robin Frewer, Peter Gowers, Karin Sheppard appointed as Board Members of the British Tourism Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sarah Fowler, Nadine Thomson, Andy Wood appointed as Board Members to Visit England Advisory Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister formally appoints new Grenfell Inquiry panel members for Phase 2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment term extended of existing Non-Executive members of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Paul Jarvis and Ed Smyth as members of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four members reappointed to the Civil Justice Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Parole Board members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of 48 Parole Board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group appoints new members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committee Members reappointed to the Advisory Committee on National Records and Archives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Azeem Akhtar, Tove Okunniwa and David Mahoney appointed as Board Members at Sport England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new members appointed to Homes England’s Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of members to the Insolvency Rules Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three new members announced for Ofqual Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Ofsted board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Neuberger and Amal Clooney announce Media Freedom Legal Panel members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister for the Cabinet Office appoints two new Members of the Boundary Commission for England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary apologises to members of Windrush generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister appoints new Independent Members to the House of Lords Appointments Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister appoints new Grenfell Tower Inquiry panel members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lady Rachael Robathan and Natalie Campbell reappointed as Members to the National Lottery Community Fund board. MoD News 0