RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Dusty70

War Hero
St Marys Island Chatham Saturday whilst taking Grandaughter for a skate !

Old tugs in Basin 3 and for you sundodgers that glow in the dark - the submarine refuelling dock was between those two tower blocks if my memory serves !!
1593432391314.png
1593432414819.png
1593432442412.png

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If the refit complex was between those two towers I wouldn't try growing any veg there, after doing a core mod there on my first boat I know what went over the side during the wee small hours when no-one was looking :oops:;)

Wightsparker

War Hero
Old Scottish Steam Puffer astern of the Tugs.
Looks like a puffer. However, I thought I had seen something like this in a naval dockyard, and the colour scheme (like the RMAS) supported my hazy memory. A check of Mr Google dredged up the fact that VIC 96 is being conserved at Chatham, having been built in 1945 as a Victualling Inshore Craft.

But @janner, you were pretty close. The design was based on - yes, a Clyde puffer.

The attachment is for info, but the picture is not mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dusty70

War Hero
See the ship with the low freeboard next to Barking - said MT Fearnought - Manchester on stern yet nothing about her on Wiki
MT I take is Motor Tug ? but the very low freeboard ? - wth that name I wondered if it was on an old fire fighting boat...............................................

Salty-Dog

Lantern Swinger
See the ship with the low freeboard next to Barking - said MT Fearnought - Manchester on stern yet nothing about her on Wiki
MT I take is Motor Tug ? but the very low freeboard ? - wth that name I wondered if it was on an old fire fighting boat...............................................
Name suits it !

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I spent sometime on the TRV7 out in Singapore, memories not what it was but the design was quite similar, I've been looking for pictures of her on the internet but no luck so far. Meant to be Spare Crew at the time to get some inboard time, didn't even last a day in spare crew as such, but spent more time on the TRV than I would have done on a Boat.

Stirlin

War Hero
Made a blackout screen for shed window to stop any would be thief looking for summat to nab , when I shut the door to check it covered window OK this is what I saw.
-
K4.jpg

-
K6.jpg

-
K5.jpg

will try and take some more today at different sun positions and see If I can better these

Wightsparker

War Hero
Two different sets of hollyhocks on the decking at the back of our house at Arreton, Isle of Wight. Arreton Down, classed as an SSSI, in the background. Lovely views from the field at the top; you can see the Arreton Valley stretched before you, from Sandown Bay via Ventnor Down to St Catherine's Down.

2020 Wendyhocks July 5.jpg2020 Wendayhocks July.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Tribunal Procedure Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New board members to strengthen oversight of HS2 as it enters next phase of delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for Work and Pensions appoints two new Non-Executive Board Members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment starts for new EHRC Chair and board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary addresses members of the Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Chris Pilling and Ismail Amla as Board Members of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new Cabinet Office Non-Executive Board Members appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD project helps 1,000+ pension scheme members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Afghanistan at Meeting of Members of the UN Security Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan appointed as members of the Cafcass Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Prison Service Pay Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission Chair welcomes new board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE and Joanna Prowse appointed as Board Members of the Charity Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Carol Hui, Robin Frewer, Peter Gowers, Karin Sheppard appointed as Board Members of the British Tourism Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sarah Fowler, Nadine Thomson, Andy Wood appointed as Board Members to Visit England Advisory Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister formally appoints new Grenfell Inquiry panel members for Phase 2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment term extended of existing Non-Executive members of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Paul Jarvis and Ed Smyth as members of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four members reappointed to the Civil Justice Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Parole Board members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of 48 Parole Board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two members appointed to the Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group appoints new members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committee Members reappointed to the Advisory Committee on National Records and Archives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Azeem Akhtar, Tove Okunniwa and David Mahoney appointed as Board Members at Sport England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new members appointed to Homes England’s Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of members to the Insolvency Rules Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three new members announced for Ofqual Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Ofsted board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Neuberger and Amal Clooney announce Media Freedom Legal Panel members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister for the Cabinet Office appoints two new Members of the Boundary Commission for England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary apologises to members of Windrush generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister appoints new Independent Members to the House of Lords Appointments Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister appoints new Grenfell Tower Inquiry panel members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lady Rachael Robathan and Natalie Campbell reappointed as Members to the National Lottery Community Fund board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PM appoints new members of Senior Salaries Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Livestock and Meat Commission Chair and Board Members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of Legal Services Board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seeking chairs and members for the new disability Regional Stakeholder Network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Members of the public “routinely put in danger” by Bristol park and ride business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seeking chairs and members for the new disability Regional Stakeholder Network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chair and Two Committee Members reappointed to Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New non-executive director and panel members appointed to the Competition and Markets Authority board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Three new Cabinet Office Non-Executive Board Members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New non-executive director and panel members appointed to the Competition and Markets Authority board MoD News 0