RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Waiting in line, in a taxi, for the lights to change after the next plane lands and we can get over the runway. I'm watching the meter tick over and realise that Gib cab drivers can hoik the cost of a short trip skywards by simply knowing when the next flight is going to touch down. Clever f*ckers! 15 minutes added on to a five minute journey....... I'd be doing it as well if I was a fast black pilot.

View attachment 43342

Lesson learned.
I've already worked out the bus times :)

Wightsparker

War Hero
After a few days in County Durham, retreated as far as Yorkshire. @Stirlin might be interested in some pictures of God's Own County. (edited to add taken on Oct 2)

First, we went away from our usual Wharfedale route and visited The Falcon pub in the village of Arncliffe. Nice pint of Timothy Taylor's.

Then through some classic Dales scenery, complete with dry-stone walls:

2019 near Arncliffe 1 Oct 2 resized.jpg2019 near Arncliffe 2 Oct 2 resized.jpg

Then on to Malham. Lots of tourists and hikers, and a view of the limestone Malham Cove. The scale can be deduced by the size of the figures on the path near the stream in the near foreground:

2019 Malham Cove Oct 2 resized.jpg

And finally, the view south from above Malham village. I first thought the distinctive hill was one of Yorkshire's classic three challenges ( Pen-y-ghent, Ingleborough or Whernside). But a check of the map ruled them out, and I reckon this one was actually in that other county (Lanca something?) and could have been Pendle Hill. Any suggestions from the Red Rose County?

2019 Malham view Oct 2 resized.jpg

Last edited:

Stirlin

War Hero
Glad you found a decent pint of TT , can be tricky to keep , later today I will be sampling the first brew from my local , got the kit a few weeks ago and have been doing test and stuff , today is the big day , the brewery name is Three Non Beards.

skyvet

GCM
Glad you found a decent pint of TT , can be tricky to keep , later today I will be sampling the first brew from my local , got the kit a few weeks ago and have been doing test and stuff , today is the big day , the brewery name is Three Non Beards.
Reminds me of an old oppo of mine (sadly on eternal patrol now) who made a batch of home brew. He invited me round to sample it, and I didn't think it was too bad. He wasn't happy with it however, so decided to make a second batch a few weeks later. This time round, it was considerably thicker and packed quite a punch. He finally confessed that he'd doubled all the ingredients except the water! Hic!

Stirlin

War Hero
Reminds me of an old oppo of mine (sadly on eternal patrol now) who made a batch of home brew. He invited me round to sample it, and I didn't think it was too bad. He wasn't happy with it however, so decided to make a second batch a few weeks later. This time round, it was considerably thicker and packed quite a punch. He finally confessed that he'd doubled all the ingredients except the water! Hic!
Timothy Taylors has always been good but it does take some effort to keep it right , mostly Yorkshire based until the 90's when they spread their wings and it went countrywide.........your guess was right and the brewery could not cope , quite a few batches were urh and they went down south which did not make much difference until Madge
wifey of Guy Ritchie expressed a preference,

Wightsparker

War Hero
Have just posted this on Arrse, but thought it worth posting it here too.

We quite regularly see a two-seat Spitfire over Arreton on the Isle of Wight, but this evening (between downpours) no fewer than three Spitfires appeared in a patch of blue sky and proceeded to chase each other around over the valley. Apologies for the picture quality - I think I was lucky to get all three in the same shot.

I was a bit surprised that they had ventured out with all the big rainclouds looming nearby (but not in the pic).

2019 Spitfires over Arreton 9 Oct resized.jpg

Latest Threads