RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
The RNLAF F27 display has to be one of the wackiest I’ve ever seen. Much of it on one engine, with alternating shutdowns. Had to tone his act down for UK displays as the CAA wouldn’t sanction it.

Bit dated now, and not as impressive as on the day, however.

Last edited:

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
His final stunt was to shut them both down during the wingover and land off it. Think that was the bit that pissed the CAA off. The display aircraft would go through 5 or 6 engines a season.

Stirlin

War Hero
Tall slim tree takes second job as telegraph pole as salary for CO2 absorption / O2 production is less than minimum wage.
-

just round the corner from my gaff.

Waspie

War Hero
The RNLAF F27 display has to be one of the wackiest I’ve ever seen. Much of it on one engine, with alternating shutdowns. Had to tone his act down for UK displays as the CAA wouldn’t sanction it.

Bit dated now, and not as impressive as on the day, however.

Saw similar at Fairford RIAT in 86. Pilot burst all his tyres on landing!!!! Smack on wrist. Bloody good display flying though!

Stirlin

War Hero

-

-

-

Just got back from Scarborough , only just down the road but have not been here for 60 yrs , Grand Hotel in first pic is where I stayed , Grand by name....it is mahoosive , I was one of the youngest in the hotel , talk about Flowery Twats , full of serial whingers , had to keep putting my hand over my gob so they could not see me suppressing a laff . Billy could write a book about this place and it's residents.

View attachment 40055

-
View attachment 40056

-
View attachment 40057

-

Just got back from Scarborough , only just down the road but have not been here for 60 yrs , Grand Hotel in first pic is where I stayed , Grand by name....it is mahoosive , I was one of the youngest in the hotel , talk about Flowery Twats , full of serial whingers , had to keep putting my hand over my gob so they could not see me suppressing a laff . Billy could write a book about this place and it's residents.
Thanks for the memories Stirling, my mum and dad took my brother and me there for summer hols every year when we were ankle biters.....that would be like yourself,, around 60 years ago....Pease Holm Park, The Spa, open air pool and all that.....little float in the middle of the pool, guy playing all the old favourites on an electric organ....oldies loves it, my bro and me, not so much.....:):)

Last edited:

Magic_Mushroom

War Hero
...Just got back from Scarborough , only just down the road but have not been here for 60 yrs , Grand Hotel in first pic is where I stayed , Grand by name....it is mahoosive , I was one of the youngest in the hotel , talk about Flowery Twats , full of serial whingers , had to keep putting my hand over my gob so they could not see me suppressing a laff . Billy could write a book about this place and it's residents...
I had the misfortune of staying in ‘The Grand’ at Scarborough recently on duty and would rate it as the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in in the UK. Truly awful!

However, I would agree that is an interesting study in human-kind!

Regards,
MM

I had the misfortune of staying in ‘The Grand’ at Scarborough recently on duty and would rate it as the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in in the UK. Truly awful!

Regards,
MM
You're not doing the stereotype any good with that statement........... :D

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 40055

-
View attachment 40056

-
View attachment 40057

-

Is this one of those places where coach loads of moaning oldies stay? Mrs J. used to work as a guide in a historic house, the coaches would turn up and all of the oldies (mostly women) would stand in the hall moaning about the stairs, they'd then find somewhere to sit until it was time to leave. Not bothering to look around at all.

Stirlin

War Hero

Regards,
MM
I booked a single room but they gave me a double with queen size bed which was OK , breakfast was disgusting , I stuck with toast and fried eggs (pullets) but was surprised how much peeps were stacking 4 bangers , mushrooms , powdered scrambled egg and beans on such small plates .
Every time you got in the lift with anyone they were manking about something or other , the amount of 80 yr old's tabbing outside whenever you entered/left....i could go on for ages.
Other than that my short stay was very good. Premier Inn next year.

Stirlin

War Hero
Is this one of those places where coach loads of moaning oldies stay? Mrs J. used to work as a guide in a historic house, the coaches would turn up and all of the oldies (mostly women) would stand in the hall moaning about the stairs, they'd then find somewhere to sit until it was time to leave. Not bothering to look around at all.
Spot on mate.

Latest Threads