RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Pontius

War Hero
When the Dutch settled in Western Australia they thought the Quokkas were giant rats. As they were only found on the island they called it Ratnest Island, which morphed with English to Rottnest Island.

Nest week we'll be looking at the two poxy Dugite snakes that are hanging out in the garden at the moment. Saw one by the water tank this morning and now we have my daughter's dog to stay. I wonder how long it will last?

Sumo

War Hero
When the Dutch settled in Western Australia they thought the Quokkas were giant rats. As they were only found on the island they called it Ratnest Island, which morphed with English to Rottnest Island.

Nest week we'll be looking at the two poxy Dugite snakes that are hanging out in the garden at the moment. Saw one by the water tank this morning and now we have my daughter's dog to stay. I wonder how long it will last?
The snake or the dog?

skyvet

GCM
@ Pontius ..........

Being inquisitive, and not having any knowledge on these snakes, I looked them up on Google. As a result, all I can say is .... Hissing Sid they certainly are not! Apparently a single bite incurred by a human adult usually proves fatal within 4 hours, so good luck with sharing their territory.

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger

Brown snakes. Christ. My mate TC breaks their back with a big length of chain on a pole. Even then he thinks twice about taking them on.
Why is it that every Ozzie reptile/ octopus/ jellyfish is imbued with enough venom to wipe out a herd of cattle ? Good luck.

Pontius

War Hero
Strewth mate, that ain't bloody retic. This is retic (Station 1 of 11. Each has 6 geared sprinklers and use a shed-load of water of an evening....about 9000 litres. Luckily we've got a bore and an iron filter....more terms for you to get to grips with :) )

IMG_4647 (1).jpg

Pontius

War Hero
Wave Billy and I'll see if I can see you. It’s nearly time to pipe The Still for Sunset.

PS: Why did you bring this crap weather with you?

IMG_4649.jpg