RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Wightsparker

War Hero
2019 Portsmouth Harbour 23 Feb resized.jpg2019 Portsmouth Harbour 23 Feb No 2 resized.jpg2019 Wootton Creek 23 Feb resized.jpg

Had a day trip to the North Island this week, returning late afternoon to the Isle of Wight.
First pic shows from right to left the Wightlink ferry Wight Sun, HMS Warrior 1860, the Gosport ferry, the Semaphore Tower and HMS Queen Elizabeth.

Second shows they gurt sticky-up thingies in the Solent off of that Dogsh*t City place, tiz said they be for to 'elp they zailor-boys get their big flat-top boaty things into that there 'arbour. Dunno woi they needs they, tho', cos they been a-doin that for years with other big boaty things. An' ow do they get past they gurt sticky-up thingies without a-knockin' they over, loike?

Third pic shows Wootton Creek as the ferry arrived back to the South Island. The horizon is tilted because the ferry wasn't level.

fishhead

War Hero
View attachment 37063View attachment 37064View attachment 37065

Had a day trip to the North Island this week, returning late afternoon to the Isle of Wight.
First pic shows from right to left the Wightlink ferry Wight Sun, HMS Warrior 1860, the Gosport ferry, the Semaphore Tower and HMS Queen Elizabeth.

Second shows they gurt sticky-up thingies in the Solent off of that Dogsh*t City place, tiz said they be for to 'elp they zailor-boys get their big flat-top boaty things into that there 'arbour. Dunno woi they needs they, tho', cos they been a-doin that for years with other big boaty things. An' ow do they get past they gurt sticky-up thingies without a-knockin' they over, loike?

Third pic shows Wootton Creek as the ferry arrived back to the South Island. The horizon is tilted because the ferry wasn't level.
Good to see the SETT still in situ at the submariners spiritual home.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
In Australia, it's the law to have a barbecue involving British tourists, alcohol and burnt food.... so I shall do my bit this Sunday afternoon.

IMG_20190224_103157-1560x2080.jpg

First, I'm going fishing

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Went fishing, and was interrupted by the local rescue service bringing in a boat with fouled props.
IMG_20190224_143816-1560x2080.jpgIMG_20190224_143818-1560x2080.jpgIMG_20190224_143920-1560x2080.jpgIMG_20190224_143825-1560x2080.jpgIMG_20190224_143830-1560x2080.jpg

Helped bring it alongside and WolfPack handed out plasters (from the depths of her handbag), to crew members with ripped off toe nails.

An interesting afternoon...

Wightsparker

War Hero
Nice day out in the West Wight yesterday.

Pictures taken at the causeway, near Freshwater old village, which incorporates an old stone bridge across the western River Yar. (There is an eastern River Yar on the island as well - the old caulkheads clearly didn't have much imagination when it came to naming watercourses).

You can easily sail up the western Yar from the small port of Yarmouth at high water, but an unwary sailor could get caught out on the mud when the tide drops.
The whole place is a haven of bird life; apart from the gulls and waterfowl, you can see herons and egrets and even kingfishers.

The third picture shows the river and marshes upstream of the causeway, and provides me with a puzzle. I hadn't noticed a bird in shot at the time, but there is clearly something there. Is it a bird? Is it a jet? Is it a UFO?

I think I'll post that shot on the ARRSE twitchers' thread for any sensible suggestions.

2019 causeway 2 24 Feb resized.jpg2019 causeway 1 24 Feb resized.jpg2019 causeway 3 24 Feb resized.jpg

fishhead

War Hero
Definitely a UFO. Alert the authorities immediately as we're being invaded.;)
I'm intrigued to know what actually was. It doesn't look like any bird I've ever seen.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Definitely a UFO. Alert the authorities immediately as we're being invaded.;)
I'm intrigued to know what actually was. It doesn't look like any bird I've ever seen.
Cue the spooky music........

It's sort of like a streamlined airship with a gondola for the little green men.

2019 causeway UFO 24 Feb.jpg