RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Wightsparker

War Hero
One for Stirlin.

Hope Beach, Shanklin, earlier today. Beach huts all locked up with no-where to go.............and waiting for the season to start.2019 Hope Beach 2 Jan 5 resized.jpg

Wightsparker

War Hero
Another one of Hope Beach for Stirlin, although this one could have been posted in the Pointless Signs thread. It rather begs the question "Then why is there a bloody gate there?"

Better would have been "Gate must be locked after use".

2019 Hope Beach 1 Jan 5 resized.jpg

Stirlin

War Hero
That is a grand walk from Shanks to Sandown.....and on to Yaverland. The cliffs between Shanks and Sandown always seem to be 'sweating'

Pontius

War Hero
Yes, I know, silly old git but I've only just found the function of the panorama button, so decided to take a photo of our local mob of 'roos napping underneath the trees. Skippy was awaiting the arrival of the helicopter so he could fly off and rescue someone.

IMG_4465.jpg

BillyNoMates

War Hero
The best hotel in Oroklini, Cyprus.

Oroklini.jpg

Who needs windows, doors, walls etc. 1 Euro a night. Guests staying above the ground floor are requested to bring their own ladders.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
There is an abundance of detached villas in Cyprus that have never been lived in, rented or sold.
Each has its own pool and quite a few are absolutely gopping.

Villa pool.jpg

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Went for a look at this place:

IMG_20190102_124258-2080x1560.jpg

Been empty for who knows how long. Anyway, the side gates on the left lead
down to a lower ground parking area.
Hiding beneath the villa was:

IMG_20190102_124112-1560x2080.jpgIMG_20190102_123755-1560x2080.jpg

A pair of classic cars. VW and what I believe is an East German Trabant. Bizarre...
Next to the villa is a massive (deep) pool.

IMG_20190102_123531-1560x2080.jpg

All in all, a renovators dream. If I was minted and twenty years younger.... The Trabant was open and the key was in the ignition.