RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

They must go to a different school of good ideas?

On what used to be a hard standing to park a couple of cars, there stands 2 sheds both knackered as my son put them up on uneven ground to store his stuff when moving house. She says they have both got to go, I pointed out that one has 2 freezers, both full and an over flow fridge?

A spinner wheel bike, a cross trainer and a normal exercise bike, all good idea buys that have hardly been used, along with her full size treadmill, which we lifted into her summer house at the weekend, it has been under tarpaulin all winter. I think all will have to go to a good home or the tip?

The Isle of Wight has a very extensive network of footpaths, bridleways etc. , including quite a lot of disused railway lines. The former station platform at Merstone has a lot of cowslips this year, plus some primroses.. (I may have posted a similar picture in previous years - if so, apologies for the brain malfunction)

2018 Merstone cowslips 2 resized.jpg

The Isle of Wight has a very extensive network of footpaths, bridleways etc.
Including the famous one that goes right across the runway at Sandown Airport :) What amuses me is the H&S people that require people elsewhere on the airfield to wear high-vis vests and yet a couple of hundred metres away there's people trudging across an active runway :rolleyes:

Including the famous one that goes right across the runway at Sandown Airport :) What amuses me is the H&S people that require people elsewhere on the airfield to wear high-vis vests and yet a couple of hundred metres away there's people trudging across an active runway :rolleyes:
Guilty.

Is it like a rail level crossing with flashing lights for go or no go? Or is that a bit posh for the South islanders:D

That was okay once-upon-a-time, when I was slim, had some hair and sported a jolly nice navy wooly pully. Now I think it may upset a few people behind me :eek: I do like Sandown, though, and hope to visit it quite soon.
Unlike Ballykelly in days of yore, aircraft don't have to give way to trains........

And I've felt a touch uneasy in the past walking across the runway at Gibraltar for a few beers in La Linea. Look left, look right, look left, look right etc.

Took dog for an amble this morning around the village pond near the church at Arreton, Isle of Wight. The church, St George's, is pre-Norman ( no, not THAT Norman) and I suspect the pond dates back to when you had to eat fish on Fridays. The pond is still stuffed full of carp.

The churchyard contains the grave of Elizabeth Wallbridge, who was born, lived and died in the Parish. A local curate wrote a religious tract about her. Called "The Dairyman's Daughter", it was apparently a best-seller in the early 19th Century. A nearby pub has the same name.

(For Stirlin and BOOTWU; the pub has better beer than the graveyard.)
2018 Arreton pond resized.jpg 2018 Arreton Church resized.jpg

The dreaded Garden part 2

Been challenged to turn this into a patio, I think she has a finish date of next weekend, I think she needs to check her schedule it seems to be misaligned with mine by about a month.
@BillyNoMates sunshine in Guzz View attachment 31355 View attachment 31356 View attachment 31357 View attachment 31358 View attachment 31359
Cheers Sumo.

Makes my garden look really tidy in comparison. Now as for the garage.................................................