Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

Bugis St was throbbing - just not in the same way - it’s a market now for clothes and bags and bits for phones plus the tourist tat - I knew it had changed but couldn’t resist a visit after Mrs LBG has heard me going on about for years

Attachments

• IMG_4711.jpeg
    IMG_4711.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
I should have taken a photo of one of his bitey mates today. I saw a dead rat moving in the chook pen at my daughter’s house and the end of a black tail sticking out from under a plastic box. Sharpened the blade on a shovel and slowly revealed the Tiger Snake under the box. I’m all for wildlife and am not a snake-hater but my 3 year old grand-daughter collects the eggs, so poor old Tigger met with a bit of a choppy end. Surprised how tough it was to chop through him. Very bitey, for those not in the know.

Dragged Mrs LBG on a pilgrimage to Sembawang today - don’t need a fast black as metro goes there - but - didn’t account for the distance from station to strip :(
anyway here’s what’s left – surely a UNESCO World Heritage Site
1701073902876.jpeg
1701073974598.jpeg

Dragged Mrs LBG on a pilgrimage to Sembawang today - don’t need a fast black as metro goes there - but - didn’t account for the distance from station to strip :(
anyway here’s what’s left – surely a UNESCO World Heritage Site
View attachment 76119
View attachment 76120
Must say it looks like it hasn't changed that much from what I remember of it!! Used to walk there from Sinbang. Nazi Goring couple of bottles of Tiger and back to Simbang!!
Sembawang_Singapore.jpg

The buildings are pretty much original - but the drainage/sewer ditch has been concreted over in the old photo and today it’s a pavement and where the fast blacks dropped off - right next to the ditch - is now a grass verge

Final Night in Singers - Mrs LBG has now ticked off all the dockyard gates - Pompey, Guzz, Rosyth, Honky Fidd ( not really a gate anymore just Tamar Gardens and old dockyard wall ) and finally Sembawang - I know how to show a girl a good time .
Final bimble down the river after a - expensive but good - meal and several Tiger’s at Clark Quay
1701178715734.jpeg

Latest Threads