RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself)

I've often wondered, do the RN of today provide sensitivity training? And if so is it obligatory? Most of us would fail miserably I fear, lassies, gays and trannies....a veritable minefield methinks....

Stirlin

War Hero
I've often wondered, do the RN of today provide sensitivity training? And if so is it obligatory? Most of us would fail miserably I fear, lassies, gays and trannies....a veritable minefield methinks....

I blame my sensitivity on the POM ( E ) who used to cadge tabs off me on the Forth when we were running auxilary whilst at the buoy , he had given up but started again but would not buy any the cheap barsteward . :)

Hector

Midshipman
The grave of aircraft mechanic Leonard Hooker. He was killed on 19th September 1944 during the battle of Arnhem.
He was part of the crew of an RAF Sterling that was dropping supplies when it was shot down. I have read that he was an unofficial crew member and had gone along for the ride. He is buried in the Commonwealth war graves cemetery in Oosterbeek just outside Arnhem and is the only RN member there. I took this photo two years ago. RIP.DSC03130.JPG

Waspie

War Hero
I didn't do too well on my 'Pink and Fluffy' training in the civil service.
Trainer said I lacked empathy!!! I've got empathy just no time for wasters!!!!

Ballistic

War Hero
Meanwhile, in my local...

The Sultan said to Aladdin
"My palace you shall paint"
Aladdin, like a big OD said...

Well, you know the rest.
Poor old camel...

aladdin.jpg

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
These are from a visit to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne.
It's a beautiful place with a huge building and several smaller memorials, including an eternal flame. You can go inside the big building and up onto a gallery overlooking the whole grounds. It's kept absolutely immaculate and made the hairs on my neck stand on end.

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest Threads