RR member receives accolade from Princess Royal

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Naval_Gazer, Nov 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many of the news articles featured on this website were written by Richard Hargreaves while he was Defence Correspondent of the Portsmouth News and, more recently, the wide-roaming News Editor of Navy News. Lately, he has also become involved in producing the RN website's News section.

Throughout his journalistic career, Richard has been a staunch proponent of the Royal Navy. It is therefore entirely fitting that he was presented with the Desmond Wettern Maritime Media Award by HRH the Princess Royal at the Annual Maritime Media Awards Dinner at the Institute of Directors on Wednesday night and I am delighted for him. The dinner was also attended by the First Sea Lord, Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope GCB OBE, and last year’s winner, BBC defence correspondent Caroline Wyatt.

Richard Hargreaves receiving Des Wettern Maritime Media Award 14 Nov 12 med.jpg
    HRH the Princess Royal presenting the Desmond Wettern Media Award
    to Richard Hargreaves

(RN photo by LA(Phot) Dave Jenkins)

I hope all members of RR will join me in offering Richard our warm congratulations. More about the awards on the Royal Navy's Facebook Group page here: HRH The Princess Royal at this year’s Maritime Media Awards

• Like Like x 11

2. Which of these two blokes is Richard?

PS, well done Richard!

• Like Like x 1
  3. PS you need to get of the G&T's they are screwing your judgement

4. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

That's nowt.

I played live rock music for her and had her shithouse unblocked for her on board.

Beat that.

Levers

5. So who is he on here?

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I think a certain branch of the RN caught something that plopped out of her mummies shithouse on the Royal Yatch and had it varnished and mounted....... The swarve fellows. :)

7. wet_blobby

8. ...not to mention pun to be with. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. None the wiser. I'll move on

10. wet_blobby

Hell, I just thought it was just a rumour you fellas were thick as shit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wow. Never expected to get my own thread. Even better than the gong that is :)

Right, time to return all those chins to the Hong Kong phone book...

12. BZ Asst Ed

• Like Like x 1
  13. I remember it well. The chippy had her bodyguard standing over him with a loaded ratchet, just in case he tried to spirit the regal jobby down below for a coat of gold paint and blessed immortality in a case behind the chief's bar!

14. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Eh?

Nah. Wrong dit, feller.

Suffice to say, this regal motion was 'substantial', and disposed of with respect.

Levers

15. I've got a signed photo of her dhoby bucket.