RR greatest.

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Stirling, Nov 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No need to, S_S; the topic is being discussed by the Moderators and the COs, who will make a decision in due course.

Wait Out! :thumbleft:

2. Cheers Sarge.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Any news on this SPB?

4. sgtpepperband

Not yet - the COs are in the process of making some significant new and improved changes to ARRSE and RR, so something like this is low down on their list of TTD, to be honest. However, maybe someone with a bit more time on their hands (S_S, perhaps?) can trawl the threads and add the relevant ones to a sticky thread..? :?

5. Too busy Sgt, took last week off cos few app'ts and stuff, back to training now so can't spare the time.

6. sgtpepperband

...likewise! :shock:

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

If there is going to be a best of Lils, may I suggest "Jesters" for the forum title. Saying that, I'm not sure RR has that many, but you got to start somewhere.

8. Blackrat

As opposed to a sticky, it needs to be a forum like Lil's or the barge. That way, it won't be one mahoosive thing where things get added on to other topics (like the Walt thread), or am i being a num nut here?

Shouldn't have put that really should i?

9. Separate forum sounds good, best stuck inbetween Lil's and Gash, failing that a sticky within Lil's already mentioned.

10. sgtpepperband

Clearly by the massive response in this thread, the rest of the members of RR also agree that something should be done about this... :roll:

11. Blackrat

Agree wholeheartedly. It would be good as newbies to the site can see what to expect and have a laugh at the same time.

12. Blackrat

Bumpity bump.

Whats the score then MODs?

13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It is falling on deaf ears inside the batcave I'm afraid, there's a bit of a "there's nothing worthwhile" group who out number/shout down those of us that reckon it's a good idea.

If someone wants to start a "best of" thread so nominations can be looked at and chosen by all RRers and whittled down to the best threads then we might well have a stronger argument to take to the CO's.

My first nomination would be the STC branch thread.

14. Blackrat

Interesting Blobbs. I'm sure there was a thread about this a while back in Lils. I'll try and find it and give it a bump.

Edited to add - Job jobbed.

15. Blackrat

Now that we've got this up and running, is there any chance of getting a sticky put on the top of it so people can vote for any spectacular threads that should go in? We've had a few corkers from a right nobber this evening and it would be a shame to lose them.

16. Blackrat

In relation to the RR's greatest hits thread, i've seen there are a few nominations that have yet to be moved. Can a MOD get on to this please? I know they've got better things to do but it is a good collection. Ta muchly.

17. I think I've done most of them - let me know if any more needed?

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You might want to tidy up my slight fcuk up if you want, I've kind off put the STC thread in twice - ish..... oops....

Now, I'm even better at saving money than I am with computers.... Anyone want to bank with me?