RR embarrassed,,,,,Helping others

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by witsend, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Not withstanding the posts in "that" thread, has BS not considered that not all of us CAN donate?
    I was quite effing angry myself at the snide remarks that BS was saying about matelots alone. there are a LOT of people that use this site, not all matelots, ex or otherwise.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Still no need for it mate :)
    If I could donate, then I would, believe me.
    But my family comes first, as I'm sure you will agree.
    I would hazard a guess that it is the same for a lot of people on here.
  4. Where did I say that I didn't want to?
  5. Oi, leave Lammers alone, or I'll savage you with a dead sheet! :threaten:
  6. Witsend, you really are a complete Penis aren't you.

Until it can be verified that the person is a registered charity then giving money is a little risky to say the least, Do you send you bank account details, and money to the Good Dr Negrumba.

Like a good number of folk on this site, many have very high commitments, Kids mortgage, ect., so may not be in a position to give. I give to a number of charities, via payroll giving, it's tax efficient for the charity, they get an extra 20p per pound I give.

And as for your comment to Thingy, it was uncalled for, and displays you total lack of understanding. Please stay North of the border, you misserable sod...
  7. Now Pinch you really have screwed up Thingy's weekend, he was really looking forward to savaging Witsend with a dead sheet, in fact I was actually looking forward to finding out how he was going to kill said sheet. :w00t:
    We now have the problem of dealing with all those nutters from the sheet protection society who will be insisting that the said sheet is killed in an humane manner. :whew:
    As for charity perahps the dead sheet could be raffled after it has carried out the attack on Witsend. :thumright: