rpc

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by micropotts, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i have been invited to attend a rating preperation course, but there is no way my current employer can give me the time off. is the fact i cannot attend going to affect my application? or start date?

2. RPC is short for 'Request Pleasure of your Company.

3. Wouldn't you be better off asking a Careers Officer not openly on a unofficial web site?

We'll give you all sorts of answers - all wrong!!!!!

Answer one - fill your boss in - get sacked and therefore releasing you to attend. Sound right? :wink:

4. just pull a sicky, if your boss goes tits tell him where to go! (if you are confident you are going to get in).

It would be obvious but your boss must be a tosser if he is not going to let you go, does he know why you want the time off?

Why can't he give you time off? no holidays left? ask for unpaid leave.

They cannot sack you for skiving once, they can only give you a disciplinary.

5. legaly you are alowed time off for sickness and holiday. either pull a sicky or book a holiday either way he can not sack you for beeing ill unless it is excessive ammounts of time

6. It will not have any affect on your application as it is appreciated than not everyone can make themselves available to attend. However, it can be very beneficial as it gives you an insight in to many things naval.

7. rating preperation course. is that the same as a aquatants course?

and mate your joining the RN, tell your boss where to go.

8. Its only 4 days, put in a holiday request

9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No. I believe that aquatants course is something run by the man from Atlantis which enables successful attendees to swim unbelievably well and hold their breath for up to 30 minutes.

I believe, however, that a Naval aquaint course is somewhat similar to a rating preparation course.

10. I would imagine he can sack you for lying about it though.

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Have you got a job now?

12. I was under the impression it was RPC - ratings preparation course. And RNAC meant royal navy acquaint centre, I'm not entirely sure about this but all the letter's I received before my RPC were written like this and it makes sense.