RoyalTournament.org

#1
The RoyalTournament.org web site is part of a project to keep alive the traditions of the Royal Tournament which was the first, oldest and biggest Military Tattoo in the World until its demise in 1999.

Interest in the Royal Tournament has recently been revived; on 19th May 2008 the Ministry of Defence published the Report of Inquiry into: National Recognition of our Armed Forces. The report produced by Quentin Davies MP, Bill Clark OBE and Air Commodore Martin Sharp OBE MA recognised that “the Royal Tournament provided a very special opportunity for promoting the Armed Forces to the general public.

• Click here to view the MOD Article
• Click here to view the full report

With this in mind, we have re-launched the RoyalTournament.org web site with two main aims:
1. To provide information on the Royal Tournament and keep the traditions alive
2. To encourage people to show their support for the Royal Tournament by joining our mailing list*

*The mailing list will be used for the purposes of keeping people informed of progress on the project. Information will not be given to any third parties. We will publish the number of people that have signed up to show their support.

Cheers

MT
 
#2
Hoofin' effort. I would think that my visits to the Royal Tournament in the early '70s were partly responsible for me joining the RM in '79. What young thruster could resist after seeing the abseilin'deathslidingsteelyeyed killers that were the RM Display Teams.
NZB
 
#4
www.royaltournament.org

We’ve recently updated the website and have now included our first gallery. If you have time look, we’d be interested in feedback on the site. Also, if you get a chance to join the mailing list that would help us out as well!

Many thanks

MT
 
#13
I have just signed up to the site.

Definetly bring back the Royal Tournament, anything Military is well worth the effort to get it revived.

I was lucky enough to be taken to watch the RT, about 69 by my Grandfather. Even though I joined the Army, I thought that the RN Field Gun Competition was brilliant.

Saw a programme on how they recruited for the FGC a couple of years ago, cracking programme. You certainly had to be strong and have stamina to take part in it.

Must admit i cannot remember as far back as 69, in relation to who won ????
 
#14
Pongoonboard said:
I have just signed up to the site.

Definetly bring back the Royal Tournament, anything Military is well worth the effort to get it revived.

I was lucky enough to be taken to watch the RT, about 69 by my Grandfather. Even though I joined the Army, I thought that the RN Field Gun Competition was brilliant.

Saw a programme on how they recruited for the FGC a couple of years ago, cracking programme. You certainly had to be strong and have stamina to take part in it.

Must admit i cannot remember as far back as 69, in relation to who won ????
Probably the Fleet Air Arm gun crew :thumright: as they usually won everything :w00t: (Im taking cover) :rambo:
 
#15
scouse said:
Pongoonboard said:
I have just signed up to the site.

Definetly bring back the Royal Tournament, anything Military is well worth the effort to get it revived.

I was lucky enough to be taken to watch the RT, about 69 by my Grandfather. Even though I joined the Army, I thought that the RN Field Gun Competition was brilliant.

Saw a programme on how they recruited for the FGC a couple of years ago, cracking programme. You certainly had to be strong and have stamina to take part in it.

Must admit i cannot remember as far back as 69, in relation to who won ????
Probably the Fleet Air Arm gun crew :thumright: as they usually won everything :w00t: (Im taking cover) :rambo:
But what weapon did they use then, Phantom
 
#17
MilitaryTattoo said:
We've added a page to the RoyalTournament.org website which shows the winners of the main Field Gun trophies from 1947 to 1999. Click here to view it.

If you have time to join the mailing list while you are on the website, that would be great too!

Regards

MT
Thanks for that. Both FAA and Devonport had 3 cons/years each when they won all three cups. :thumright: B/Z
 
#18
Here are all the results since 1947 etc

1969 FAA again but then they never went to sea so had loads of time and space to get fit.

Field Gun Run

You will of course notice that the Submarine Service has never won the Field Gun Competition. That is because we had more sense than to even consider entering.


Nutty
 
#19
Nutty said:
Here are all the results since 1947 etc

1969 FAA again but then they never went to sea so had loads of time and space to get fit.

Field Gun Run

You will of course notice that the Submarine Service has never won the Field Gun Competition. That is because we had more sense than to even consider entering. :w00t: Probably instead of getting the gun over the chasm. You would want to launch a MK 8 down it :thumright:



Nutty
 
#20
9 years on!

Nine years ago this week, Earls Court was alive with the sights and sounds of the Oldest Military Tattoo in the World as the Royal Tournament started its “LAST RUNâ€. The 1999 Royal Tournament was the 119th Tournament and in its final year the show played to full houses at Earls Court from 20th July – 2nd August 1999.

Please take a look at the www.RoyalTournament.org website and if you haven’t already done so, please join the mailing list. This is a quick and easy way to show your support for the Royal Tournament.

Many thanks

MT
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
Father_Famine Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Miscellaneous 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top