Royal Wedding

rosinacarley said:
OK then POL, why it is more acceptable for a protestant or a Muslim to be on the throne than a Catholic?

A Muslim? It would not be acceptable for a Muslim to be on the Throne. On the other hand, it would make being Head of the Church of England rather interesting. As regards having a Catholic on the Throne, Gombear sums it up nicely.

As I understand it, Government has so little of importance to occupy it at the moment, an "egalitarian" Monarchy is already on the "must do list". As tradition and precedent count for sod all these days, I suspect our discussion on this will become irrelevant. In the meantime, all the concern over who's the bestest friend of ones imaginary friend is most entertaining.

War Hero
Passed-over_Loggie said:
rosinacarley said:
OK then POL, why it is more acceptable for a protestant or a Muslim to be on the throne than a Catholic?

A Muslim? It would not be acceptable for a Muslim to be on the Throne.

As I read it, the point that RC is making is that in the eyes of the law there is no current constraint, so it would be acceptable for a Muslim to sit on the throne, although the role as head of the CofE might be an issue (same god though).

fwiw I agree that the constitutional ban on the flavour of Xianity that the crown adheres to is a bit of an anachronism.

LandRoverZaraPhillips.jpg

Zara Phillips

Photo taken by

Mary McCartney, daughter of Sir Paul. The famous scouser!!

Taloolah

Banned
RC, Protestant, whatever. She put herself through college, seems a game chick, ready to muck in. Who cares about her religion, as long as it's western and not muslim or some similar threat to the throne, I can't see how it matters. Let's face it...most of the churches in this country are now nightclubs , leisure centres or restaurants now ( nice curryhouse in Swansea)...

If she is happy to live here, take on the life, fair play. Good luck to her.

Dealing with that bunch of dysfunctional muppets, she'll need it, though the door she came in by looks pretty solid. Peter Phillips has, to all intents and purposes, been raised as sensibly as the situation allows.

It seems she is a worthy contribution to the House of Windsor, good luck to them both.

slim

War Hero
I wonder how long it will be before she wishes she had listened to the advice from a certain Egyptian gentleman.

"Careful my lover, watch your back"

mikh

MIA
gypquitacorrie said:
Well I'm not a Jam buttie eater if thats what your asking, more like a tattie Pots man! However would you be a Uppie or a Downie?

Although I have lived both sides of the line, I was born an Uppie