Royal Wedding in 2011

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Shackles_and_Flags, Nov 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goody-goody..... 'splicers'... oops, sorry.... wrong century. :oops:

Good luck to 'em ! :eek:ccasion5:
  2. I wonder how long this one will last

A. Sinick
  3. Will he get married in Crab rig or Navy Rig?

Only one way to find out!!!

4. How terrifically thrilling and as he is a serving member the best of British to the young couple.
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Precedent suggests RN rig.

I expect HM will order 'Splice the Mainbrace'.

Finknottle wrote

Steps back in shock as finknottle meets the Royal good news story half way.

I am delighted.........and also delighted about the marriage announcement.
  6. And there was me thinking you were merely delightful :roll:
  7. royalist through and through, could not be happier.
  8. That's awful :twisted: they should be full of joy for the couple instead of worrying about how they will pay their mortgage with no job etc etc.
  9. I see the BBC have reported that the Prince asked Ms Middleton's father for his permission.........................what if he had said no?
  10. No of course not, they should hijack the opportunity to spout more rebublican bile without being able to take five minutes out of their day to be happy for two young people.
  11. Cheering and uplifting news indeed.

I sincerely hope that, what with their advancing ages, the continuing health of Her Majesty & HRH the D of E allows them to celebrate with their family on what should be a most joyous wedding day for one & all.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

An apparently pleasant, yet quite out of character, post from the Finking Man. 8O

Call me cynical but your previous denigrations of the 'Windsor' tribe have sadly caused me to cast doubt on your sincerity.

You could only remove that doubt by confirming that you will be ordering a new dress and accessories for the forthcoming wedding day.
  12. Oh the shame cast upon the Middletons - A Crab to join their family 8O

13. Buy one dear boy! 8O I make my own and model them in the privacy of my own home at the weekends.

14. I know it's enough to make you sick.
  15. One like this:

Ooops! wrong answer 8O Well? maybe!
  16. I don't have the time or I would do it myself but I do hope a RR Member will be organising a whip round nearer the time for a suitable wedding gift?
  17. I wonder how many Emerdale Farm fanatics will be poxed off if they've set the recorder for it. They will be compensated by a very good interview (HRH's contribution) with the happy couple, though.

Mr Finknottle, Sir, I believe someone has hacked your account. You wouldn't believe what they are posting.
  18. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

So, with the training taps turned off, Naval Manning encouraging everyone to piss off outside by giving them shit drafts, ships op-tempoed to the yingers and people on squad time hardly sat back wanking for coins, has anyone any serious answers as to how they are going to pare off the two hundred or so street-liners, litter pickers and 'guides' needed to man this fun-fest?

When I did Lord Louis' funeral, Excellent was sudden;y rammed with available matelots culled from the margins and training billets to pick up the ropes or do the other supernumery jobs.

These days, I'd say Bill and Kaths happy announcement hasn't half come at a great moment in time ...