Royal Veterans Navy (RVN) for Ex-Matelots (OA)

dt018a9667

War Hero
Scud said:
I would have thought the sheer weight of Ganges dits would render the enterprise somnolent...

Don’t you mean that place at shotley point? Remember us TROGS are not allowed to mention the name. If you don’t I won’t. OK only once or maybe twice………. Honest!

Blake 7 Rule

janner said:
I know that this wouldn't be popular, but, in view of the age of the recruits, the Tot would have to be re introduced. Neaters for those over 60, one and one for the remainder.

Form a queue, tallest on the left sh..... bollocks to that, first come first in.

edit for typo

Sounds great to me. I suggest those aged between the minimum age of 50 and 55 should be on limers, or perhaps semi-skimmed milk would be better for these Junior Veterans. :)

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
I hope the Old and Bold won't be expecting Blue Liners to go with their bubbly. With the current below decks smoking ban they'll already find themselves exiled to the upper deck.

Mrs HTP sez she would be very happy,even pay the marriage allowance herself,buy me a book of stamps,to drop her a line every year,and as i smoke a pipe ,the upper deck is fine,sit next to the funnel and if they want to blow soot,im their man.

dt018a9667 said:
Scud said:
I would have thought the sheer weight of Ganges dits would render the enterprise somnolent...

Don’t you mean that place at shotley point? Remember us TROGS are not allowed to mention the name. If you don’t I won’t. OK only once or maybe twice………. Honest!

Blake 7 Rule

Oh but this is different, after all the RVS would be full of ex-TROGS, Fisgard's, St.Vincent's, Impregnable's, etc... In this particular part of RR I think GANGES is permissible. OK Eds?

janner said:
You could always join the Maritime Volunteer Service.

I am in no hurry to visit the old Mercury, I understand a large part of it is now a tree huggers cemetary 8O

Mercury now is basically a Expensive Housing development done by Berkleys Homes about 10 years ago,and the old Wardroom is still basically the same but divided up into Luxury Apartments with the original oak staircase still in place.I know this because I was up there laying all the flooring on the new houses.

Apparently some old pikey bought it off the MOD for a couple of million and then sold it a year later for 6 million to Berkley Homes.

lesbryan

War Hero
well i could do a number of jobs storekeep paint ship cook issue rum if we had it the list is as long as my arm whats the name multi skilled :D but i would have to get divorced as well :lol:

Multi skilled i take it includes everyone,so we would need a female Cap'n, some one has to do the potwash,and what about the female crew? would we be mothered all the time?or would there be younger females,for training purposes only?

grefs

Lantern Swinger
One point, all the good runs ashore are gone

Singers won't be the same, I don't suppose the Brit Club is there, Boogie Street I wonder, Aggie Weston's in the dockyard.
Sembawang, any night life there to cater for jolly jack heading back on board and stopping for an "egg banjo".

China Fleet club gone, are all the bars still there?

Malta, the Gut, I read it is all estate agents now.

Certainly need to be a big carrot dangled. lmfao.

lesbryan

War Hero
The brit club is still there but no longer the brit club aggie westons no as soon as we pulled out it became a seamans mission probably gone now with all the exspansions .Malta all gone but still nice the gut is virtualy empty except for the top end all shops M&S macdonalds etc still see the fronts of a few of the old bars piccadilly gypo queen ciaro bar other than that all gone :cry: