Royal Variety!

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Anybody watching this cack?
I used to like it. But the act I’ve just seen with the adults who are meant to be kids, was just damn right shite! WTF was that meant to be??
maybe I’m losing it.
AC

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Have not watched it for a few years as it was absolute cack , still going down hill then.
Yep. I thought I’d watch it as there was fcuk all else on as usual, but, Wish I hadn’t.
All topped off with that penis Robbie Williams, singing shite Christmas songs.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Bring back Jimmy Tarbuck is what I say.
I think the cheeky scouser should get his job back as chief compere.
And where was Tommy Cooper this year eh?
I watched a documentary about Nazi death camps on the History Channel instead.
Much more entertaining.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Bring back Jimmy Tarbuck is what I say.
I think the cheeky scouser should get his job back as chief compere.
And where was Tommy Cooper this year eh?
I watched a documentary about Nazi death camps on the History Channel instead.
Much more entertaining.
A Labour Party broadcast would’ve been more entertaining.

Then again......

skyvet

GCM
Oh dear! I must be more of an old git that I thought, because I enjoyed quite a it of it! I thought Rob Beckett and Romesh Ranganathan were mostly very funny, and a few of the "turns" were enjoyable, especially the act from Austria, and the Chelsea pensioner who sang my old school song! It was also nice to see Petula Clark on stage, and hard to believe she's 87 years old!

I await incoming flak ......................... that is all

Stirlin

War Hero
Oh dear! I must be more of an old git that I thought, because I enjoyed quite a it of it! I thought Rob Beckett and Romesh Ranganathan were mostly very funny, and a few of the "turns" were enjoyable, especially the act from Austria, and the Chelsea pensioner who sang my old school song! It was also nice to see Petula Clark on stage, and hard to believe she's 87 years old!

I await incoming flak ......................... that is all
You are Dianne Abbott and I claim my £5 10 shillings and a thruppeny bit .;)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
We are at home and the Royal Variety Performance has just started. We didn't want to be here and definitely not watching the RVP. Let me explain.....

A few days ago we were invited to a surprise birthday party in a local restaurant. Cue trying to find a birthday card in English and the purchase of an expensive bottle of wine as a gift. .....Sorted.

SWMBO takes a minimum of an hour to get ready. All guests had to be in the restaurant and seated by 1945 so that when birthday boy and his wife arrived, we'd all be seated and ready to shout 'surprise!' and all that crap. With 50 minutes to our departure time, she started getting ready. I took my full allocation of 15 minutes for the sh1t shave shower routine, meaning I was ready to go out well before departure time.

Not so SWMBO.

We left late, allowing me 9 minutes to make a 15 minute journey. After a bit of speeding and an illegal left turn across traffic, I got us there only slightly adrift.

Surprisingly, we were the first there. So we waited outside. At this point I notice there was not a table for 15 set up. I asked her to check it was the right restaurant, as there is another with the same name. Oh yes - right restaurant.

WRONG FEGGIN TUESDAY!

Yep, instead of being 7 minutes late, she was 6 days, 23 hours and 53 minutes early - a personal best.

skyvet

GCM
You are Dianne Abbott and I claim my £5 10 shillings and a thruppeny bit .;)
How very dare you Sir!
Firstly, your feeble attempt at revealing my secret identity is as inaccurate as it's possible to be, and secondly, you are trying to fraudulently claim financial gain from an old age pensioner!
Be advised that I shall be seeking retribution through all available means, and I will also tell my Mum! :D :D