Royal Signals Commando Squadron

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by plant_life, Apr 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after a certain R Sigs Sgt. He said he was going to Lympstone late last year and was going on the All Arms Course afterwards. What is the R Sigs Cdo Sqn name/number/location. Cheers to any who can help.
  2. Whatever next? A Catering Corps Commando?
  3. With what they dish up at times un-armed combat would come in handy to defend themselves
  4. New one on me. Heard of Gunner and Sapper Commando units, but never Scalies.
  5. Not sure if there's a Royal Sigs Cdo sqn, but he could well be drafted to some signals job within 3 Cdo Bde which would explain things. There's also 148 Bty Royal Artillery, who although are gunners by name, they do a signals-type course I think.
  6. I assume 95 Commando are now extinct..... it had RN Radio Operators and - I think - Navy Medics too.
  7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Plenty of Royal Signals go on the green hat course, he could have joined any one of a bunch of units, concur with squirrel though probably 3 BAS. ARRSE would be your best bet, guys on there will know. P0ssibly 148 Battery RA but I doubt it, all the radio guys I have met from there are Navy (so they can communicate more effectively with the ships and Naval aircraft they often call in fire from)
  8. Could just be a Walt; lots of Scalies are. Remember meeting one short-arse Scaley Sgt who claimed to have served in 263 SAS Sig. Squadron and - in his own words - "Never lost a fight with a Sailor." Probably because he ran away to fast for any Sailor to catch him!
  9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy Badgeman Moderator

Scallies are with Cdo Log (or were). Had one on my course.
    Sigs with 148 Battery are RN ROs as you say.
  10. Gotta love the SAS Scalies - typists with attitude!