Royal Signals Commando Squadron

I am after a certain R Sigs Sgt. He said he was going to Lympstone late last year and was going on the All Arms Course afterwards. What is the R Sigs Cdo Sqn name/number/location. Cheers to any who can help.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
Not sure if there's a Royal Sigs Cdo sqn, but he could well be drafted to some signals job within 3 Cdo Bde which would explain things. There's also 148 Bty Royal Artillery, who although are gunners by name, they do a signals-type course I think.

chieftiff

War Hero
Plenty of Royal Signals go on the green hat course, he could have joined any one of a bunch of units, concur with squirrel though probably 3 BAS. ARRSE would be your best bet, guys on there will know. P0ssibly 148 Battery RA but I doubt it, all the radio guys I have met from there are Navy (so they can communicate more effectively with the ships and Naval aircraft they often call in fire from)

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
Could just be a Walt; lots of Scalies are. Remember meeting one short-arse Scaley Sgt who claimed to have served in 263 SAS Sig. Squadron and - in his own words - "Never lost a fight with a Sailor." Probably because he ran away to fast for any Sailor to catch him!

oldbaldy

Badgeman
chieftiff said:
Plenty of Royal Signals go on the green hat course, he could have joined any one of a bunch of units, concur with squirrel though probably 3 BAS. ARRSE would be your best bet, guys on there will know. P0ssibly 148 Battery RA but I doubt it, all the radio guys I have met from there are Navy (so they can communicate more effectively with the ships and Naval aircraft they often call in fire from)
Scallies are with Cdo Log (or were). Had one on my course.
Sigs with 148 Battery are RN ROs as you say.