Royal Navy Women's Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Nicky_D, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any serving females interested in playing rugby for the Navy please message me for details.
    Navy Women's Rugby is an up and coming representitive sport, and we are always on the look out for new players.

Hope to hear from you soon.
  2. Oh FFS is nothing sacred? :roll:

3. Can i be the Sponge boy? :thumright:
  4. you should have been at Sultan boxing the other night - 2 jennies knocking several lumps out of each other - wonderful
  5. Can those of us with moobs join? honorary females? :biggrin:
  6. You know you're about to sh*g a women Rugby player, when she insists you only start after she has shouted, CROUCH, TOUCH, PAUSE, ENGAGE.
  7. my wife says "Safeguard make it bigger"

she has never said "Brace Brace Brace"

is she closet General Service
  8. Id definatly be intersted.... when I join that is ;)
  9. They may have an openig for a ball boy
  10. Don't you need balls to be a ball boy? ^_^; I suspect Topaz has bigger balls that I do.... and she's a she! :biggrin:
  11. Of course I do!
  12. I do believe they have one or two openings Maxi. :)

I can just imagine the dit being overheard in the MCO on a pussers grey out at sea...

"I was up to me nuts in guts with the Navy prop forward last week"
  13. Hiya,

I play Women's Rugby at a High-ish level, but I could have trials when I potentially may be starting Basic training. Whats the chances of me missing these? Can I continue playing for my clubs when I'm in? Also if anyone can tell me what the Womens Rugby is like in the RN that would be awesome!! :)
  14. It depends where your clubs are. If your based in Guzz and your clubs are in Edinburgh then weekly training is going to be a killer.

What you do at weekends if not duty is your choice, however if you make the RN team they they will expect full commitment from you.

I suggest you decide what you want to do, joining up is not just for christmas
  15. I've been waiting 2 years for Basic, its hard to say but joining the Navy is more important to me!! I'll have to join the RN team :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. When you get to Raleigh, let the PTI's know about your rugby at the earliest opportunity (and your training staff), the RN loves all that stuff.
  17. So no culture of sexism here then.
  18. Eh? I've seen Ph1 trainees play representative sport for the RN.
  19. Ok I will have to let them know, thanks!

I'd love to do it in Ph1 but I'd rather get training out the way first, I think :)
  20. You've lost me on that one!
    • Like Like x 1