Royal Navy website launched today

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, Sep 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those of us that embrace change, the new RN website has now been launched: Home | Royal Navy

2. I think that looks very easy to navigate. There appears to be a slight bug using Firefox to view the page, in that the video links at the base of the homepage show error scripts until the mouse hovers over it, after which it then shows the graphic.

3. Looks OK from a quick skeg. Standby for newbie questions on the site NS :slow:

4. The "job Finder" page also has a bug where not every job has a picture, you can still click on the "more info" links.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  5. I like the new site, very clear and bright..

6. I do like the new site, clear and obvious where most things are.

Also, in a selfish moment given my AIB starts tomorrow, the updated ops map is particularly helpful right now.

7. The instructions on re-registering or migrating RNCom log ins haven't been managed well though. That is I can't get into the new one with my old account, and the old site tells me that instructions will be posted in good time.

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Seems clear and organised. I like it so far. Haven't tried many links as yet but the break down of the Careers section works well enough as does the current deployment map.

9. Cracking. Massive improvement.

10. Great site, about time!

11. Ninja_stoker do you know if there will be a live chat too Careers advisor's during working hours?
    I believe the Army careers have this function? ( i think i seen it somewhere, but cant seem too find it now)
    Many thanks!

WSTB

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  12. I might of missed it but I didn't see a link for marine engineers (GS) but both links I tried for Stokers were both for submariners. Is this a ploy to get more sludgemarineers? Just a thought because I was given some slightly dubious information when I joined....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Excellent site, particularly interesting to have the interactive maps for the surface fleet.

Was a pity that the page on Sea Cadets did not have a link to the MSSC for anyone interested in volunteering or for potential cadets to follow. I realise they could get this from a search engine and that they would not necessarily start from the RN site if they were really interested in Cadets, but it would have been useful just in case someone wanted to browse more.

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good to see some positive feedback.

Inevitably there will be "teething troubles" here & there with a new website, but on the whole I'm guessing the design is to aid those browsing on a smartphone.

With regard the "livechat" hosted previously, I've no doubt we will again rustle-up an "SBS Mine Clearance Diver Commando F-35 Pilot Sniper" or two (with ADD, a history of asthma & a squint) for future features once the dust settles & everyone gets used to the new look & layout.

15. In the meantime, I think the potential recruits should have your mobile number.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The new website is much nicer! All the dead links on the old site were making me crazy...

17. I have found a few errors in the Careers area - for example the PJFT times are incorrect and the rates of pay seem to show RFA not RN/RM.
    I am assured that these few teething errors are being worked through and will be rectified asap.