Royal Navy unveils state-of-the-art training facility

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Well, I'd welcome this in a broad sense, but we'll have to see how it's gonna work out in practice; however having all this daaaarn saaarf and bugger all ooop north might cause a few problems with logistics. Moving ratings around between Devon/Hampshire and Scotland and billetting them for five or six weeks in the middle of an active draft isn't gonna go down well with either the ratings themselves or their own XO.
    Early days tho - we'll see how it's gonna be organised first.
  3. The only ships that need this stuff are down south anyway ain't they? Bar anything in refit in Rosyth but that's easy enough to send them there when there in Caledonia. Correct me if I'm wrong mind.
  4. I dunno, Dabber - haven't we got anything left up there in Gaerloch?
    Bear in mind I've been out of the service since '72!
  5. There's also a satellite MCTS in Guzz dockyard on Weston Mill Lake jetty, all the same facilities and comes under the Collingrad umbrella.

Jaybee, there's only boats and MCMV's in Faslane.
  6. Good bit of kit. Used it during CTT and BOST in Guzz. It is a versatile sim that can be changed round to represent even LPD's Ops rooms unlike the old sims at Dryad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. If a submariner finds himself on an ADAWS course I suspect something has gone badly awry.