Royal Navy TV documentary series

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
BBC1, 1976/77 with a follow up programme in 1984!

Also available for download via bit-torrent at thebox.bz
Yeah FlagWagger, It was called HMS Eagle from 1966. This aircraft-carrier was sailing from Mombasa to Singapore under the command of Captain John Roxburgh. Join the crew through their trails and tribulations if you would like to watch this show. The link is below.

KirkCrazy
Warship Eagle (1966)
Password: Navy

Yeah FlagWagger, It was called HMS Eagle from 1966. This aircraft-carrier was sailing from Mombasa to Singapore under the command of Captain John Roxburgh.

Blast from the past there @Kirkmania , and worthy* of a mini dit:

An outstanding WW2 record in Boats, well respected and liked on his return to the Trade as FOSM back in the day.

From Wiki <<<... Vice-Admiral Sir John Charles Young Roxburgh, KCB, CBE, DSO, DSC & Bar (29 June 1919 – 13 April 2004) was a Royal Navy officer who became Flag Officer, Plymouth.

Naval career Educated at Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, Roxborough joined the Royal Navy in 1933. He commanded the submarines HMS H43, HMS United and HMS Tapir during World War II. After the war he commanded the submarine HMS Turpin and the destroyer HMS Contest.[2]

He was appointed Deputy Director of Plans (Navy) at the Ministry of Defence in 1964, Commanding Officer of the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle in 1965 and Flag Officer Sea Training in 1967. He went on to be Flag Officer, Plymouth in July 1969 and Flag Officer Submarines in September 1969 before retiring in 1972.

In retirement he was Chairman of the Grovebell Group, President of the Royal Naval Benevolent Trust, Chairman of The Freedom Association's management committee and a Surrey county councillor. He is buried at All Saints Church at Tilford in Surrey...>>>

*After dining as guest of honour at a formal dinner he listened patiently whist my newly-married OH drained down all over him at length about how our domestic situation was affected due to an abrupt change to my Boat's Longcast, implying that he was responsible. Shock & horror when I spotted her!

But our then newbie FOSM merely nodded, smiled sympathetically and winked as I dragged her off him before she could add "...and there's another thing...blah blah...".

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
I remember my Dad talking about it last year, about one of the aircraft carriers I think.

Does anybody know the name of the series or know where I can view it online would be even better, thanks in advance.
@QUATE8203, I think I have the one you are looking for. It was called Warship (2008) TV Series and it followed the lives of the crew on board the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious. This is avialable at the links below. Please enjoy.

KirkCrazy
Warship (2008)

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
This might be what you're looking for, following Ark Royal on her last deployment. They didn't bother uploading the last episode but I'm sure its available elsewhere.

Other docs I found decent were Ice Patrol on HMS Endurance in Antarctica and the two C5 programs on boats one on Perisher and the other on HMS Turbulent (id use adblock for this link) if you're interested.
These are great suggestions @Vhel, but a lot of these links are no longer working or the shows have vanished. However, should any one like to re-watch these great shows, they are avialable on dailymotion at the links below. I hope this helps.

HMS Ark Royal (2011) TV Series
KirkCrazy

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8 Episode 9

Ice Patrol (2009)
KirkCrazy

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4

Submarine School (2011)
KirkCrazy

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4

Royal Navy Submarine Patrol (2011) aka Royal Navy Submarine Mission (2011)
KirkCrazy

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3

Last edited:

Latest Threads