Royal Navy training while in URNU

Hey guys
I’m in the URNU at uni and was wondering is there a way to do real training for the navy alongside URNU. I know we do training and deployments etc but I am interested in doing actual training while still in the URNU such as AIB and accelerated officer training that is available to those in the reserve.

Does anyone know of a way to actually join the navy and take part in real training while remaining a member of the URNU such as being a reservist that attends URNU events instead of a reserve centre but still being part of the actual Navy? I know there’s a grey area about doing this and being payed by the reserve but still attending URNU if anyone had more info on it.
Thanks
Ray

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hey guys
I’m in the URNU at uni and was wondering is there a way to do real training for the navy alongside URNU. I know we do training and deployments etc but I am interested in doing actual training while still in the URNU such as AIB and accelerated officer training that is available to those in the reserve.

Does anyone know of a way to actually join the navy and take part in real training while remaining a member of the URNU such as being a reservist that attends URNU events instead of a reserve centre but still being part of the actual Navy? I know there’s a grey area about doing this and being payed by the reserve but still attending URNU if anyone had more info on it.
Thanks
Ray
Nothing stopping you undergoing the recruit test, full medical, PJFT, Career Discussion and AIB whilst in the URNU but not sure how you intend attending university as a full time student, attending URNU and deploying during the breaks in-between semesters and undergoing several week's worth of regular RN officer training simultaneously.

You could perhaps leave the URNU after completing selection and join the RNR as an Officer and undergo RNR Officer Training but otherwise it sounds like you're trying to be Superman & Batman whilst attending university as Spiderman.