Royal Navy "The Movie"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Nicks, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. God that narrator was embarrassing. :sad:
  2. Totally unrealistic! The 42's prop brake didn't catch fire…
  3. What a load of toilet
  4. Been on here before, I couldn't watch to the the end this time, it's that dreadful.
  5. I agree with Nicks, the gung-ho American voiceover does nothing for this promo Andrew movie . What were they thinking of? Surely we have plenty of eloquent actors who speak the Queen's English with strong deliveries without resorting to this Hollywood trailer-type crap to portray the RN. Richard Burton must be spinning in his grave.

Pedro - The Red Sailor
  6. J***s did I join that? Am I glad I'm out now! sickening or what? Can't say I blame the bloke (im in the hat talking about his island) if that lot turned up to save me I'd dig in too!
  7. It was on the DVD enclosed with the 2006 Broadsheet, mind you so was some damned fine material, not just this.
  8. I can't see the problem. It's a vision of the future RN. That guy in the hat was on the Isle of Wight, and our only operational ship that we have left is going to save him. Sad........Very sad.
  9. What a load of absolute tosh and embarassing.

Great bit of polticial crap with the female 2 ringer as always. On a scale of 1 to 10 for tosh, I would give it 12. :)
  10. I don't think I have ever seen sucha load os shit, that was highly cringeworthy.
    This is it, this is what we trained for...... What, are we going on the piss?
    That old geezer on the Island, wasn't that Andy the male nurse from 80's Eastenders?
    ****, **** and thrice ****.
  11. I agree with all the above. WHY do these advertising w*nkers think that the British public can't understand anything without a transatlantic accent.
    Where are the moderated tones of real English. The perpetrator of this rubbish should be dragged out and strapped to the business end of a 4.5 before a live firing exercise.
    From an elderly, moderate, contributor, who's up far too late and only looked in to turn his computor off.

12. seen it a couple of times now :) it is pants.......but bear in mind it was aimed at school kids. :):) (national school film week or some such). Prehaps we should try and come up with our own promotional vid?

only a thought

13. Oh my God I just watched that! How truely awful! Its so bad it made me cringe.
  14. PANTS!!!!! A**E!!!!
  15. doubt it ling, he died of cancer a couple of months ago.....
  16. The perpetrator of this rubbish should be dragged out and strapped to the business end of a 4.5 before a live firing exercise. 2BM[/quote]

2BM. Nothing would happen even then. Ammunition shortages mean the gun controller saying "BANG".

Keep Striving.
  17. I have served for the last four years in a '42 and i never saw frigid raiders anywhere on the upper scupper? Could have done with them though.
  18. Thanks onions!
    As ever, the voice of common sense and reason.
  19. Totally agree with above. What a bunch of strokers, and the film is absolute bollox.