Royal Navy Sovereign of the Seas Chronograph

Peter Hitchens in the Mail on Sunday today:

"We are urged to buy the ‘Royal Navy Sovereign of the Seas Chronograph’, which looks like a watch to me. It is an ‘official licensed product of the Royal Navy’, adorned with the White Ensign and the odd motto ‘Defend, Deter, Defeat’, which I have never seen in any of Her Majesty’s ships. The Defence Ministry confirms that the Navy really is lending its name to such promotions. And it says the watch is actually made in China."

ENDS

This is the item in question:

http://www.bradford.co.uk/product_i...-Sovereign-of-the-Seas-Chronograph-Watch.html

Worth £125?

Good idea for the RN to endorse products like this - or not?

What a tasteless piece of crap. Never heard of the motto. DDD.
Certainly not worth £125. Besides Uncle Albert will be knocking out repros, for £2.50p within a week. If he could bother copying it. :wink:

trelawney126 said:
What a tasteless piece of crap. Never heard of the motto. DDD.
Certainly not worth £125. Besides Uncle Albert will be knocking out repros, for £2.50p within a week. If he could bother copying it. :wink:
That's just the un-official motto mate, the real "Find, Look round, grab and scarper, would not fit on this timepiece.

Seadog

War Hero
No more a motto than 'shape, attack, protect, exploit'. Exploit? There's a thing.

It looks like tat, sounds like tat and if it is made in China tat sighting confirmed.