Royal Navy safely delivers evacuees from Libya to Malta

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Oh look, a good bit of positive news for the RN posted on RR is surprisingly met with numerous views yet no replies. Conveniently ignored by the urine soaked halfwits who's meaningless, fast deteriorating existences are made bearable by having a pop at the RN that has left them behind.

Well done the fighting sausage.
  3. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

If I could "like" your post in the manner of Facebook, MLP, I would.

Well done Cumberland - 35 hours being thrown around at sea with a load of seasick (and probably whining) ex-pats on board can't have been very pleasant.
  4. Well done to them for a great job.
    Nice to see the RN hasnt changed from when I was in and still rendering assistance to those in need.
    Off to change me pants now.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

6. :plotting:

In my day we would have done it quicker=-D

There you are Magda :drool::glasses7:
  7. Just waiting the next explosive headlines from the Beeb.. "DOM MINTOFF's son stages coup in Malta....HMS Cumberland evacuates refugees to Libya.:plotting:
  8. BZ mighty fighting sausage
  9. Give us time mate, we've only got two ships.
  10. Why do you call the Cumberland a sausage it's a frigate not a submarine?
  11. Which apparently goes well with cheese and Whine Finks!!!
  12. Fin I'll bite seeing has I live in what was the historic county of Cumberland. After Cumberland Sauages, a delicasy from these here parts, which is very nice certainly much betterthan what the supermarkets attempt to pass off has Cumberland Sauages. The Mighty Fighting Snorker is how others have affectionately named her. The other Batch threes are often reffered to has the 'Up and at em', the 'Cambleclown' and the Fighting Ice Cream cone.
  13. As an ex crewman of Cumberland I can also vouch for the fact of being fed Cumberland snorkers on occasion too.
  14. Personally I have never sampled this delicacy I must ask Mrs. F if she has ever had a Cumberland sausage.
  15. You ought to get out more !
  16. You know what Fink, you've left yourself wide open there and no one came at yer. I reckon everyone's scared of you so I'm not going say anything.

:silent: :brushteeth:
  17. Its ironic we send a ship named after a sausage to rescue people from a Muslim country.:winkrazz: