Royal Navy & Royal Marines Tattoo Policy Change - July 2018

About time. Not that I have or will get such visible Tatts but someone having tattoo's on their hands should never have been a bar on entry to a fighting force.

The Marines have been more relaxed on this issue for some time, for those already serving anyway.

I literally printed off the BR for this regulation about 2 weeks before this supposedly changed to remind myself not to do anything daft over leave, Gonna have to confirm this with a Cox'n to be sure... fingers crossed its true.

I literally printed off the BR for this regulation about 2 weeks before this supposedly changed to remind myself not to do anything daft over leave, Gonna have to confirm this with a Cox'n to be sure... fingers crossed its true.
We had it piped while we were at sea along with the pay increases, guessing they were trying to take the sting out of being bounced haha

They didn’t specify but I imagine it will line up with the other services, would prob check it out with your own coxn for guidance as I don’t know anyone that’s taken the leap yet

Is it the same regulations as the pongos/bootnecks where it can't go past the knuckles? Or can we have fingers inked?
if it says hands, then that's what it means. I read that as your fingers are fair game. Seen plenty of people in the forces with all sorts of crap inked over their hands/fingers (why, I will never know)

Coming to a Tattooist near you, via the good ole US of A:

<<... tattooing is so prevalent that finding an ink-free service member is infinitely more rare than the alternative. Now, military personnel immersed in that very culture who want to honor a loved one or carry a good luck charm along during a deployment have a ground-breaking new tattoo method available at their disposal.

Cremated human or pet remains o_O , or cremains, can now be added to any existing or new tattoo...>>

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...you-see-this-jaw-dropping-ink-innovativation/

on a different tangent, I see there is a Golden Hello for Stewards :eek:

How that branch has a future, I will never know
Thats one of the reasons for women at sea along with poor take for R.O.s So I was told when they were introduced. Incidentally the danish navy now has a ship entirely crewed by Females

Latest Threads