Royal Navy Redundancy Programme

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Naval_Families_Federation, Apr 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. News on Tranche 1, the first round of redundancies, is released today. This information is complicated and needs to be absorbed bit by bit. The recommendation is that you take your time, ask questions and don't make any rash or hurried decisions. The closing date for applications is six weeks away - 16 May 2011. Further information on redundancies can be found by logging on to RNCom or the RN Intranet. For initial enquiries regarding the process for redundancy you are asked to contact your Divisional Officer. You should also be aware that the Fleet Redundancy Cell based in Whale Island, Portsmouth will be available to answer questions from today. A reminder that The Armed Forces Redundancy Calculator can be found on: www.mod-rc.co.uk.

We are conscious that this announcement contributes to the sense of uncertainty for families. If you have questions, as a family, and would like help with finding some answers, please get in touch with us.

2. Has anyone seen the DIN yet? Its not on RNCom or the RN website. What branches and rates are required?

3. The DIN is being released about 1600 on the RN web.

4. I've already got it/seen it, but haven't got it available on this system to post.

5. Hello Drakdi,

As Graf said the announcements are due to be made any moment. Please check the Royal Navy Intranet from 16:00 onwards for full details.

Kind regards,
    NFF

6. Royal Navy and Army release redundancy scheme details

7. UPDATED- Royal Navy Redundancy Programme - News on Tranche 1, the first round of redundancies, has now been released (4 April). This information is complicated and needs to be absorbed bit by bit. The recommendation is that you take your time, ask questions and don't make any rash or hurried decisions. The closing date for applications is six weeks away - 16 May 2011. (The DIN that has all the information is: 2011DIN01-100). Further information on redundancies can be found by logging on to RNCom or the Defence Intranet. For initial enquiries regarding the DIN or the process for redundancy you are asked to contact your Divisional Officer. You should also be aware that the Fleet Redundancy Cell based in Whale Island, Portsmouth will be available to answer questions from today. A reminder that The Armed Forces Redundancy Calculator can be found on: www.mod-rc.co.uk.

We are conscious that this announcement contributes to the sense of uncertainty for families. If you have questions, as a family, and would like help with finding some answers, please get in touch with us.

8. I've got it in front of me, however, due to work conditions I can't post it on here yet. I've printed it off and will be heading home at about 2000 UK time, if no one has posted it by then I'll scan it in at home and post it.

9. Done that, enjoy!

10. Anyone able to post the DIN on here yet. Unable to get on the MODWEB at present.

11. combat_scribe, PM your email address and I'll send it to you. I've no idea how to upload a PDF document onto here!

12. Just PM'd you as well Chaz. Could you email me a copy as well please as I have not intranet access untill next week.

13. just pmed you aswell can i have a copy please

14. Chaz, just PM'd you too, hope you can oblige.

15. hi mate, cud u send me it aswell...cheers

16. Fair few first time posters interested in this DIN......

17. I agree too many first time posters requesting this info?

The DIN albeit unclassified states not for distribution outside HM Services.

If people are that concerned about it's content get hold of a copy via the correct route, it's should'nt need to be emailed about a public forum.

18. If there in the same boat as me (excuse the pun!) then it'll be when you google 'Royal navy rudundancies' this thread on this website is one of the first results you get. I have no intranet access untill next week and would have thought that it would be posted somewhere like AFPRB reports are and things like the pensions calculator.

Just waiting anxiously for the email to put me out of my misery now!