Royal Navy Recruit Test scores by branch and eligibility criteria

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For those who want to know what you need to score in the recruit test, including the part-scores in each section, for each individual branch of the Naval Service, the individual medical standards by branch, Nationality requirements, age limits, academic criteria, height parameters, it is now on the Royal Navy website: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/media/royal-navy-responsive/documents/reference-library/br-3-vol-1/20160714-chap-7-para-0759-jem-rm-rn-rfa-o.pdf

Be aware this document is updated several times a year, so the website may not always reflect the latest changes.

Seadog

War Hero
Good post but it won’t stop:

so does that mean?

why is it that?

I don’t think it’s fair,

I don’t have a degree in engineering but I have an NVQ 2 in banging nails into wood. I should be signed up as CNEO and the RN should feel lucky to have me.

It doesn’t say anything about (insert special case here) special case.

I was a leading sea cadet. Will my rate and seniority be carried over into my inevitable RN career?

And such like.

Shipspotter

Badgeman
I’m surprised this has been published as they don’t tell you you’re scores anyway! I was just told I had passed!

Cheered me up a bit though, as the two school aged people in with me both failed and I had left school 15 years ago

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I’m surprised this has been published as they don’t tell you you’re scores anyway! I was just told I had passed!
Must admit I was surprised as it has hitherto been regarded as some kind of irrational state secret. Knowing the score required really doesn't alter much unless the individual knows they've answered the questions correctly.

In an even more bizarre twist, the RN Recruit Test is pretty much replicated online. The odd bit: The idea of a psychometric test is that you enter into it, completely unprepared so that it assesses your intellectual capacity.

You now get the test, the answers and the required marks to pass for your chosen job..... Spookily, success rates in the Naval Service Recruit Test have improved significantly. :D.

Similarly recruiting figures have significantly improved of late, but before the marketeers claim the glory, the credit goes entirely to the 2,500 applicants from the Commonwealth following the removal of the 5 year residency requirement last November.

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
For those who want to know what you need to score in the recruit test, including the part-scores in each section, for each individual branch of the Naval Service, the individual medical standards by branch, Nationality requirements, age limits, academic criteria, height parameters, it is now on the Royal Navy website: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/media/royal-navy-responsive/documents/reference-library/br-3-vol-1/20160714-chap-7-para-0759-jem-rm-rn-rfa-o.pdf

Be aware this document is updated several times a year, so the website may not always reflect the latest changes.

So what happens if you dont meet the score for your chosen branch,are you given an option of choosing a branch your RT score matches or you just have to re take the test?

Richbomber

Badgeman
ME ET's are going to have even bigger problems in the future as far as I can see. Although they still have to gain reasonable scores on the RT, they don't have to actually finish SKOOL with any GCSE's, but to progress though their carers they will have to gain level 2 in Literacy and Maths for initial promotion and when completing PO's course be expected to pass with 65% or higher degree level maths and electronics. Have the GCSE requirements always been the same or have they dropped off recently? I know Tiffs had to be more CLEVERER but now ME's are all ET's surely the requirement for GCSE's should be higher as more is expected? It will be interesting to see how the education void is reflected in latter careers, or will more people turn down promotion because they don't want to go on PO's course. I have already seen it happening but they are only just getting to that stage.

Sumo

War Hero
ME ET's are going to have even bigger problems in the future as far as I can see. Although they still have to gain reasonable scores on the RT, they don't have to actually finish SKOOL with any GCSE's, but to progress though their carers they will have to gain level 2 in Literacy and Maths for initial promotion and when completing PO's course be expected to pass with 65% or higher degree level maths and electronics. Have the GCSE requirements always been the same or have they dropped off recently? I know Tiffs had to be more CLEVERER but now ME's are all ET's surely the requirement for GCSE's should be higher as more is expected? It will be interesting to see how the education void is reflected in latter careers, or will more people turn down promotion because they don't want to go on PO's course. I have already seen it happening but they are only just getting to that stage.
Obviously they can't get the right calibre, like wot we was, so now forced to scrape the barrel

Sumo

War Hero
I'll just wait here for Bob's remark. :cool:
Wot U mean I had namet 3, 4 managed to get 3, 3 and I was away, after Mechs I came across equivalent qualifications for office, worked out all those that passed Mechs or Tiff were QSD, I then spoke to my boss regarding WO, he say not QWO Namet to low, I then put a spanner in saying. I am QSD but not QWO, did that mean WO were better qualified than officers?
A signal came out to make all Mechs and Tiffs that achieved X grade were all to be made QWO & QSD, not that I had interest in either, just stiring up a bit:rolleyes:;)

portia

Can't access the pdf it says "error that page does not exist! sigh
Tried through the Navy library and archives and still nothing

CheekyMrT

Badgeman
As others have said the link does not work anymore. Shame i would like to have known what i potentially scored. I was seriously struggling on maths so thats where i focused all my attention, I was told i passed with a high score to do anything i wanted.

So completely overjoyed but would still like to know my mark so i can see how much i improved by and how far i was from getting it perfect.

fishhead

War Hero
As others have said the link does not work anymore. Shame i would like to have known what i potentially scored. I was seriously struggling on maths so thats where i focused all my attention, I was told i passed with a high score to do anything i wanted.

So completely overjoyed but would still like to know my mark so i can see how much i improved by and how far i was from getting it perfect.
Enjoy your success. Bask in your own glory. Pointless wondering if there was any room for improvement. Just because all options are open for you doesn't mean all options a right for you. Chose carefully as chances to change once you're under training are limited.

Latest Threads