Royal Navy PRNC - April 1st 2019

Asasioun

Badgeman
Don't worry, so, I've just had a call from my AFCO, I've been told that our entry, so those of us starting 26th of May, have been given a waiver on PRNC.

Apparently, they want to test (us) and see if PRNC is necessary.

So your email is good

Sent using Tapatalk

Lulahgirl

Midshipman
Oh wow that’s a huge relief! Thank you for letting me know! It’s a shame as I was looking forward to PRNC but glad it’s not just me now! Thank you, I can go back to being on holiday!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Yep, they're doing a trial to see whether PRNC makes any difference to success rates in training.

My gut feeling? If honestly assessed and the PTI's do their job like they used to, it will make no difference but save lots of wasted money.

Trouble is PTIs seem to think AFCOs should get people fit to enter, despite the fact that they set the phys standards for entry and then drip like ten when someone rocks up and fails their fitness assessment.

If the training pipeline had an adequate number of supervised phys sessions scheduled (including swims) then we could spin the clock back ten years & ditch the PRNC. We waste hours & hours doing washing & ironing in basic training & then join a ship and send all our kit, apart from knicks & sox, to the laundry. WTF?

Asasioun

Badgeman
If the training pipeline had an adequate number of supervised phys sessions scheduled (including swims) then we could spin the clock back ten years & ditch the PRNC.
Tbh, I'm surprised there isn't something like an optional 2 week fitness bootcamp that people can go on, run every couple of months.

I mean, I'd happily teach people how to swim or give improvers lessons, but persec and how spread out everyone is that I've spoken to doesn't make it easy, which I guess is the same for a bootcamp but oh well

Sent using Tapatalk

Hobbsy1505

Midshipman
I was minute less than required so not great! I swim avidly and he knows I meet with my PT everyday! I’m on holiday out of Europe at the moment but will give him a ring when I’m home... can you let me know if yours gets cancelled?
Mine is in two weeks today but heard nothing. Will let you know if I do.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm in this picture, taken either the 2nd or 3rd February 1960, day one in the RN at HMS Collingwood. I was 16 years and 3 months old, I'd got to this stage without the assistance of the internet or others holding my hand.

No PRNC and look not a fat person amongst us. The fitness wasn't so demanding as nowadays, but we were a lot fitter because of the life style then.

Mother made me wear the vest (probably the last time I wore one) I'm still in touch with Dusty the chap with the light coloured jumper next to me. Sadly Peter Horne the one sat on bed on the right died in a climbing accident. Have tried to find the other two without success.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was thinking about that Wrecks, photo's were rare because of the cost of camera's, film and developing costs. I think I have 3 or 4 pics. in total from my time in the mob. Different nowadays with camera photos and instant pics. You can see why I was and still am a Babe magnet. ;)